SOMEONE HELP ME! Tethering and WiFi problems!

kowens

Jan 11, 2011
Okay so I bought an Android 2.1 EPad tablet the other day. I have a blackberry curve 8530, how in the heck am i supposed to use my BB as a modem for this tablet, i went to the PDAnet website, I just dont quite understand it though, am I supposed to download the program on my tablet or on my phone? If on my tablet do i just go to the PDAnet website via my tablet and it will let me download it from there? Because i didnt see an option for anything other than windows 7/xp/vista and mac operating systems, it didnt say anything about android OS.

Im just new at this and confused. I need a smarty pants to help me out here :)

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
What you need is the app on your BB that will allow it to be used as a WiFi hotspot. On an Android phone, this is actually called Wifi Tether, and is available in the Android Market, so I assume there is something similar in the BB App Market.

Install that on your phone and run it, and then all you have to do from your tablet is connect to your "new" wifi network that is being broadcast from your phone.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
actually there will be more steps then what pbrauer mention, he is right though you need an app that will turn your phone into a wifi hotpsot, pdanet wont work with an android tablet. with tethering to an android device the problem comes when your trying to connect to an adhoc network because android devices cant see adhoc wireless networks unless you do some tweaking. So basically with the two devices you have you cant get it to work

kowens

Jan 11, 2011
so even if i get an app on my BB that makes it a wifi hotspot it still wont pick it up?

christopher49

Dec 26, 2012
just bought a nook and when i try to set it up and connect to wi fi it saysthere is a mac fitlering issue. i need to turn off mac filtering or add access point i need help!!!

icbi24

Dec 15, 2012
just bought a nook and when i try to set it up and connect to wi fi it saysthere is a mac fitlering issue. i need to turn off mac filtering or add access point i need help!!!

You need to the disable Mac filtering in your router, assuming your router had the option turn on by default.

sent from my Ainol Novo7 Elf II using Tapatalk 2