Soon To Be First Time Android Tablet User!

Sep 16, 2011
Hey guys, Im shadowskater555, currently the proud owner of a LG quantum running wp7. Im gonna be buying my first android tablet next week, and cant decide on which to get, right now its a tie between the acer iconia a100 and the transformer, cause of the dock, but I like the size of the Iconia a100. Anyway, Nice to Meet you All! suggestions on which to get would be helpful.

Androidicus

Sep 4, 2011
I would recommend the ASUS Transformer because it is the most complete Android tablet on the market right now, IMO.

Not only can you "transform" it into a netbook-style PC using the dock, but the dock itself adds additional battery life AND allows for full USB expandability e.g. USB mouse, USB memory sticks, USB powered hard drives, etc.

Also, the Transformer is one of the very few Android tablets that can play native 1080p files (mp4; h.264 main profile) smoothly out of the box. This might be something to consider if you plan on using your tablet as a media center and connecting it to your HDTV via a mini-HDMI to HDMI cable.

The other big feature the Transformer has that other Android tablets don't is the SplashdotHD app that allows you to remotely control a Windows PC. This is something to consider if you have to do a lot of work using Windows programs (MS Office) because you can just use the native OS (the remote PC) designed for these programs through your tablet. There is no messing around with having to convert between file types, or clunky Android interfaces like the on screen keyboard, etc.

The other thing I forgot to mention is the Transformer also allows for SD cards. This means you can add additional memory unlike the Xoom, or Samsung Galaxy 10.1... Or that other tablet with the fruity name ;)

Last edited:

FoFoJoe

Jun 8, 2011
I would say all the same except for the keyboard, about the A500. All the ports of the transformer, without the keyboard attachment. But I would recommend either one.

Sent from my A500 using Android Tablet Forum

TheCentauress

Aug 22, 2011
I would suggest the Transformer, as I've heard that performance-wise the Iconia is somewhat more sluggsih than the Transformer.