Sorry! Tablet Recommendation needed.

lachlanmiller

Nov 2, 2010
Looking at 10", want it for browsing the net.

want at least android 2.1, 2.2 would be even better.

budget is around $200 - $230

i wanted to get the archos 101, but apparently archos wont ship to australia, and the only importer sells them for $480 even though the australian dollar is almost the same as the US dollar.

so thinking i might get a chinese one.

where should i get it/which one.

Last edited:

jwraith08

Oct 24, 2010
Might solve your problem but fcked up thing is they wont ship me one here in the U.S.
I been wanting this exact tablet for a month now.

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
lachlanmiller

Hey, I am wanting and Archos as well. And I am seeing the same overpricing here in Australia as you have found.
However, I am waiting to hear from Archos Direct, as I sent them an email complaining about our pricing here.

Also Computer Innovations have sent me an email, they will ship to Australia for $50
And I am waiting on TigerDirect for a reply.

Hope this helps.
Anna

lachlanmiller

Nov 2, 2010
anna, that does help enormously, $350 is much more tolerable than $470.

where abouts in aus are you ?

maybe we can split the shipping.

jwraith08

Oct 24, 2010
Buy Haipad M1001 Ultrathin MID Android 2.1 Dual Touch 10.1 Gravity Sensor 1GB compare price at pandawill.com

This device is a lot thinner then the irobots but its plastic instead of aluminum.
By Dual touch they mean you can make mario jump and run at the same time but its still a resistive screen so you gotta press a little harder.

Most Resistive screens you would have to run , wait for the turtle, then jump, then run again.

The Archos 42 and higher are all capacitive screens and far superior products but this site does have good reviews and separate company that does quality control.

Then this one is even cheaper. http://www.pandawill.com/zenithink-...nsor-1ghz-cpu-rj45-adapter-silver_p37662.html

FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING

Last edited: