Strange Touchdown Behavior

Skilover

Jan 21, 2011
I have tried Touchdown, and it loads up all the Exchange data fine, but then when I try to use it, and switch between the contacts tab and the email tab or the calendar tab, all the data immediately gets wiped, and it starts downloading all over again. Obviously, this is useless. I've tried twice, with clean installs in between, and the exact same thing happens.

Another failed effort to get contact and calendar info onto the Nook

Skilover

Jan 21, 2011
Are you using the version from their website, or their "secret" beta? Yeah, I know, why wouldn't you think the download that they publish would work.

Try this one instead: http://tinyurl.com/tdbetadroid

Thank you! Who would have thought there was a secret Beta. In the mean time, I have found a simple little contacts app that works, but still no calendar without Touchdown, so I will try the secret beta and see, :)_
The contact app is Komodo Contact Manager Android Log App Download | KomodoContacts. It synced right up with my Exchange data instantly. The data must have been there all along, but the built in contacts app on the Nook obviously couldn't read it.
I've had no problems with the built in email working with my Exchange account.

Skilover

Jan 21, 2011
Thank you! Who would have thought there was a secret Beta. In the mean time, I have found a simple little contacts app that works, but still no calendar without Touchdown, so I will try the secret beta and see, :)_
The contact app is Komodo Contact Manager Android Log App Download | KomodoContacts. It synced right up with my Exchange data instantly. The data must have been there all along, but the built in contacts app on the Nook obviously couldn't read it.
I've had no problems with the built in email working with my Exchange account.

No real improvement, unfortunately. You can see improvements they've made, but the fundamental issue, of the data wiping itself out, persists. Not useful at this time.

devorama

Jan 26, 2011
I have tried Touchdown, and it loads up all the Exchange data fine, but then when I try to use it, and switch between the contacts tab and the email tab or the calendar tab, all the data immediately gets wiped, and it starts downloading all over again. Obviously, this is useless. I've tried twice, with clean installs in between, and the exact same thing happens.

Another failed effort to get contact and calendar info onto the Nook

I just had the exact same problem. I fixed this by changing the sync method to "Exchange 2007" instead of ActiveSync. Then I refreshed my folder list and selected Contacts, Calendar, and Inbox. Now it works as expected.