Stuck on Arnova

sehlpup

Oct 13, 2012
Hey new here
Ihave a 7 g2 about a year now last week it just started getting stuck on arnova at boot and wont get past that. I read that rockchip would help but I can't download the driver. I have tried the pinhole but it seems you can't get into it because so your computer wont recognize the devise through the USB anybody have any ideas I hate to toss it.

jadamslsmo

Nov 11, 2012
Sehlpup,
I just learned a whole lot about flashing Archos tablets that have the Rockchip 2808 chipset. I have an Archos 7 HTv1. Arctablet has decent instructions for flashing the ROM of your device. You might need to register in order to get some stuff from them.

Flashing instructions:
Flashing your Arnova G2, Arnova G3, Rockchip RK29xx/RK30xx based tablet with Rockchip flashing tool | ARCTABLET NEWS

More instructions on how to get your computer to recognize your device (using Windows Hardare Manager) if hardware detection fails:
1. Get ADB drivers and unzip files where you can find them
2. Press reset while your tablet is connected to your computer
3. Since no "New Hardware" wizard appears (at least, that is what I am inferring from your post), you need to go to the "hardware Manager"
3.1 Right click "My Computer" and choose "Properties" (shortcut keys: [flying windows key] (super key) + [pause])
3.2 Find and open the Hardware Manager. In Win7, click on "Advanced..." on left side of window to get to the old Windows Properties dialog box
3.3 Find the unknown device
3.4 Right-click it and choose update/install driver
3.5 Go the the proper file (based on OS) in the files you unzipped (step one above) and select it.

Please note that you can flash a new ROM that upgrades your tablet to Android Ice Cream Sandwich (4.03)
Arnova 7 G2 custom firmware upgrade to Android 4.0 ICS with Google Play and full root | ARCTABLET NEWS

That last link may already cover stuff found in the first link posted in this reply.

Hope this helps!
J

buurbachi

Aug 19, 2014
wow..this is an oooooooold thread!
hi guys, newbie here.
a little late to the party! Firstly , many thanks to the poster and those who work night and day for the benefit of others. I usually do what i can in terms of testing and providing administration help with a number of forums, but those who get thier hands dirty, hats off to them

As selfish as it is, I hope someone can help me out. Im having some serious trouble with my G2. before even doing anything, Turning it on, shows up the Arnova logo and then it turn off and the whole thing happens again. Its basically in a booting loop. If i take the USB out, it turns off (usb can be connected to the pc of a charger, it still turns off abruptly). so its like its running on power rather than battery.. but its been on charge for days now and still nothing! the light is shinning red btw.

Anyway, i thought i would flash it. I followed the instructions available, everything worked fine. and i got a success message. (using rockchip method)
unfortuantely, same thing. same boot looping as i had before the flash.
so then i flashed it again using a different img.(cyanogenmod)
same thing, now it goes past the arnova screen to the CM screen and stays there.

So then i did a complete stock re-install.
same thing, doesnt go past arnova screen.

no matter which .img i flash it with, i cant go past the arnova screen.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/5d8n6zc5ecz1mnb/VID_20140820_001509.mp4

Can anyone help?

I got a feeling that maybe the tablet isn't charged enough to boot? because as soon as i detach the usb from the tablet, it turns off completely and pressing the on key doesnt do anything. However, it's been charging for days now and its still dependent on the usb cable. can the battery give up like this? Why would it go in a booting loop if its connected to a cable? Does the battery need a little bit of charge even to boot up? can it be as simple as a dead battery?

thanks in advance!

S