Stuck on Boot Animation Screen

Music

Feb 5, 2011
I was uninstalling applications to see if one of them was affecting the screen: things like live wallpapers, calendar apps and a battery monitor. I would stop the app first then uninstalled it. Then I would restart the tablet.

For some reason, the device gets to the animation ( the four colored dots) and it stays there. I have to hold down the power button to get the device to power off.

I've tried to restart it a few times, and it does the same thing every time.

I can get to the reset/boot mode screen by pressing the power & Vol.Dn to get to recover mode, but I thought I'd ask here in case someone can offer anything to try first.

This is depressing, because I thought this tablet would work great. I just didn't get to backup stuff that's not already on my desktop PC. At lest I backed up the installed applications yesterday.

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
It's even worse now.

After deciding that I'm pretty sure I have just about everything on the desktop PC to restore, I went ahead to do the hard reset.

You hold the power button and the Volume-Down, and you get the =boot selector screen. I selected Recover mode, and pressed Power again.
The screen goes black for a few seconds, and I see a little dead Android guy with his tummy door open showing a little red triangle (a warning sign?) and in tiny letters underneath:

No Command.

??

I think I get to go back to BestBuy now?

Last edited: