Suggestions For New Sections, Sub-Forums

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
If you have any suggestions for introducing new, renaming, or closing sections and subforums, tell us in this thread!

We are always looking to improve our forum layout. Right now we have adopted a brand oriented approach to organizing the tablets on the market. There of course is also the platform orientated approach.

If you have any feasible ideas, please tell us so we can improve.

Thanks for dropping by!

-Chow

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Personally, I think a chat room ought to be interesting. Can you get one for android tabs, or would you need it to be on the usual platform?

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
The chat room is technically on IRC channel #androidtablets on Freenode... Or did you mean something else?

Music

Feb 5, 2011
O. I thought this website hosted a chat room thing, like some other websites I visit have.

n/p then. I'll look in to #androidtablets

Last edited:

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
I think that there should be a thread specifically to research recovering bricks.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk! Eat that Apple!

morrighu

Jun 3, 2011
I'd like to see the following:

1) 3G and 4G data plans from the various carriers with overage charges listed. ATT is a prime example since it's $15 for every 250MB you go over. I think that might help people make a more informed decision about selecting a carrier.
2) A place where users can post zip code, device, carrier, and data speed information from somewhere like Speedtest.net since that app is in the market.
3) A thread that posts nothing but physical specs for various devices but users can report on actual battery life, ability to read outdoors, etc. You should be able to adapt your "polls" to let people vote for say "less than 1 hour", "1 to 2 hours", "2 to 3 hours", etc. as well as rating scales for various common tasks like reading outside, browsing, etc.
4) An accessories board where people can discuss the pros and cons of various accessories with various devices
5) A place to post coupon codes and links to stores for places we find deals.

Last edited:

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
I would like to see one more subforum for the Samsung Galaxy Tab, since they came out with the new screen sizes. Could we have a subforum for the 7" tablet?

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I'd like to see the following:

1) 3G and 4G data plans from the various carriers with overage charges listed. ATT is a prime example since it's $15 for every 250MB you go over. I think that might help people make a more informed decision about selecting a carrier.
2) A place where users can post zip code, device, carrier, and data speed information from somewhere like Speedtest.net since that app is in the market.
3) A thread that posts nothing but physical specs for various devices but users can report on actual battery life, ability to read outdoors, etc. You should be able to adapt your "polls" to let people vote for say "less than 1 hour", "1 to 2 hours", "2 to 3 hours", etc. as well as rating scales for various common tasks like reading outside, browsing, etc.
4) An accessories board where people can discuss the pros and cons of various accessories with various devices
5) A place to post coupon codes and links to stores for places we find deals.

I like the idea of comparing carrier prices. We have device specs and reviews within each subforum/section.

CLSmith

Jan 14, 2011
We now have a samsung tab dedicated forum. Check it out at www.galaxytabforums.net . We'll see about adding a 7" tab section.
I just happened to see that, and ran over and signed up. Not to busy yet, but I'll hang out for awhile. Do they use Tapatalk? I enjoy this forum, cause I also have a Nookcolor, and its easy to jump back and forth to see whats going on in both. I also have Mot Droid 2. Android thru n thru!

Droid-Xer

Super Moderator
Staff member
Mar 30, 2011
I just happened to see that, and ran over and signed up. Not to busy yet, but I'll hang out for awhile. Do they use Tapatalk? I enjoy this forum, cause I also have a Nookcolor, and its easy to jump back and forth to see whats going on in both. I also have Mot Droid 2. Android thru n thru!
We will have the site tapatalk enabled soon.

BoyceLM

Aug 26, 2011
It would useful for the form posts to behave like other forums, with the most recent posts on top.

Also, when you log in after a day or so, and go to a forum, see in parentheses and in red, the number of new posts to each thread since your last login.

As a professional developer, I would like to see at a thread for developer discussions.
Actually, I would prefer seeing one area for phones and one for tablets. Most of these threads now are for users, and most of the posts are about purchases. Many of the applications are now for the phones, and are rather simple. The tablets offer potential for much more complex applications with a lot more value to customers.

BoyceLM

Aug 26, 2011
Another suggestion: Search for posts by the user name.
This is useful as the forum grows and some people stand out with some posts, which others want to find later.