Summer Storage

Andrew Miles

Apr 19, 2020
Hello All. This is my first time on an Android Forum. I teach 6-7th grade science, and I have a personal class set of 30 ONN 7" and 8" Tablets. How should I store them for the summer until school starts. I have their original chargers, I do not have the available Cabinet for them to all plug into. I paid for all of them, and I need them to work next year too.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
For the four or so months that you'll be out of school, charge them up to 100%, then unplug them and store them unplugged in the storage space you have for them. Lithium Ion batteries retain their charge for long periods of time and don't suffer from memory effects like older NiCd batteries. Now, I am guessing you will return to school roughly a week before the kids do. On the Friday before school resumes, charge them up and then store them. On Monday, the kids should have tablets ready to go.

Andrew Miles

Apr 19, 2020
Thank You so much. I will do just that. I wish there were plans somewhere to make a storage cabinet, or some one sold one. School grade ones are metal and are like $1200.