Superpad has a black screen and is buzzing!

Irishastro

Dec 8, 2011
I plugged one end (ethernet cord) into my desktop and the other end (USB) into my Superpad and it turned the unit off, when I turned it back on it instantly turned it back off while buzzing. The Superpad is now froze with a black screen and is buzzing, won't turn on or stop buzzing no matter what I do, HELP!:confused: I was thinking this would be a way to transfer some files off of my desktop onto my superpad, if I was wrong that sucks! I do know a little bit when it comes to computers and electronics but maybe this wasn't such a great idea. :eek:

paulsam7

Aug 29, 2011
OK, this sounds REALLY WEIRD. First off, what kind of strange cord is that? I don't think I've ever heard of an RJ-45 to USB cross-connection. Ethernet is one thing (has its own protocols, rules and connector types) while USB is something totally different (has its own protocols, rules & connector types.) I don't think you could do anything serious to the tablet connecting something to one of the USB ports, but maybe the PC tried to send communication signals through the RJ-45 connection and thereby into one of the contacts in the USB port on the tablet.

If the tablet is buzzing, it sounds to me like it is definitely NOT turned off. I assume you held the on/off button down for 10 seconds or more to make sure it was off? If you did so, and it didn't turn off, let it keep buzzing until the battery wears down (obviously, making sure that you don't have the charger connected.) It will eventually turn off (die.) Then you can plug in the charger and try to turn it on again.