SuperPAD II (SuperPAD I with 512MB RAM)

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Okay, I've been messing with these 2 pages:

How to connect an android phone to your ad-hoc wi-fi network | Wissam Idrissi
Droid Ad-Hoc WiFi Networking (ala WMWiFiRouter) - xda-developers

trying to get my tablet to see my phone's ad hoc. No luck yet. I think I'm done for the day, but I feel like this is the direction to go. I found a SU file browser, but for some reason I can't get my modified file to replace the original. Also the ini isn't where it is supposed to be and even in SU mode I can't copy it to the directory.

I've spent a few hours mucking with this stuff today and need to move on. Right now I feel like my tablet is doing everything I need it to do, shy of getting online through my phone. My current opinion of my ft3sp2 or fpt2 variant, 1.673 thumbs up!

supersteve1

Mar 9, 2011
:)Can anyone tell me anything about the aics x200 tablet, I believe they sell them in Amazon for about £179, apparently all the reviews are excellent, i just would like to know has anybody here has got one, and what are they like.:cool:

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Okay, I've been messing with these 2 pages:

How to connect an android phone to your ad-hoc wi-fi network | Wissam Idrissi
Droid Ad-Hoc WiFi Networking (ala WMWiFiRouter) - xda-developers

trying to get my tablet to see my phone's ad hoc. No luck yet. I think I'm done for the day, but I feel like this is the direction to go. I found a SU file browser, but for some reason I can't get my modified file to replace the original. Also the ini isn't where it is supposed to be and even in SU mode I can't copy it to the directory.

I've spent a few hours mucking with this stuff today and need to move on. Right now I feel like my tablet is doing everything I need it to do, shy of getting online through my phone. My current opinion of my ft3sp2 or fpt2 variant, 1.673 thumbs up!

Any luck yet? I have spent half the night reading these two articles and still nothing. It all seems pretty straight forward, but pad doesn't want to cooperate.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

chanterd

Mar 31, 2011
Ordered the tablet described above (Android 2.2 512 RAM, etc) via ebay on Satuerday, March 26th, Got e-mail on Monday giving me tracking number (Hong Kong Post Office) Thursday checked on Canada Post site - parcel "tracked" has cleared Customs in Vancouver and in transit in Canada via Canada Post. If everything goes as smoothly as the delivery I will extremely pleased!

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
Tubemate Youtube Downloader

TubeMate 1.03.11 : Official Download Page

i downloaded this app called tubemate. it acts as both a youtube file downloader and a youtube file searcher. once you identify a youtube file, you can either download it or play it either by youtube app or skyfire app. it worked beautifully. youtube app is the built-in one and skyfire can be downloaded.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
@chanterd welcome to the family. And I hope things go as smooth once your tablet arrives too. Let us know how well it works and maybe try to get some pics after it arrives. We love pics.
@maildrop glad someone found a use for that app. What gave you the idea to try that?

Last edited:

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
""""@maildrop glad someone found a use for that app. What gave you the idea to try that?""""

No need to buy or download any MP3 from Apple ITune or Amazon's MP3 store. Just download a music video to see and listen as long as we have enough storage space. :)

Real Player can do the similar download function except I found Tubemate can do a great Youtube file search while the normal Youtube app on FT3 is still not working properly.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Ah, so the original app is still a waste of space. I have benn holding on to it with a faint hint of optimism.

maildrop

Mar 21, 2011
No Youtube works except it is not working well to integrate with Adobe Flash Player 10.1 they (whoever) tweaked. The whole YouTube, Android Market and many other functions we may not notice are still under development (firmware upgrade)........

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Well then hopefully whomever "they" are will uphold their promise foro future tweaks to make it work right.

Sent from my Rooted SuperPad II using Android Tablet Forum App

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Still haven't found a work around for the adhoc issue

Custom rom being developed by thechillhacker includes ad-hoc networks which posts confirm working. Havn't tried it yet, waiting for his next release which will include speaker volume fix. Plus his rom is based on the 20110316 firmware which my device has, but cant find this anywhere if i need to revert back, I can only find 20110302 .
http://www dot apad dot tv/apadforum/showthread.php?309-New-rooted-ROM-more-to-come

For those still procrastinating on buying this device, I am happy with mine and can recommend it. I have had it for about 2 weeks now and had no issues. Biggest letdown so far being the Flash 10.1 support is pretty bad, it is mostly black and white and a bit choppy. Works though. Manufacturer is supposedly working with adobe for an updated player. Battery has tested good. I got 6.5 hours of wifi and 5 hours of xvid playback with full brightness and speaker volume. Waiting for $3.95 mini hdmi cable to arrive from china next 2 days so will post confirm if this works OK. WiFi works fine except range not the best. GPS works fine with external aerial plugged in. Got mine for $180 US from **********, which is even less in $AUD nowdays *;) , so at that price if I replace it even within 12 months, its still worth the cash at $15 / month. Also DHGate hold the money until you advise the product has arrived and is what you expected, so you can get your cash back easier if you're not happy.

I fully understand the stress and issues with these china wholesalers, sellers. Just ask them enough questions to determine which device you are getting (Mainly what connetors are there and where are they on the device. FT2v1 has 2 sd slots, FT2v2 has 1 sd slot, HDMI out, both have GPS x220 proc. ZT-180v2 does not have GPS from what I have read and their website) and send it back if its wrong! My device was listed as thus: 2nd Generation X220 Android 2.2 Epad Zt-180 S006 M005 Tablet PC Camera 3G GPS Wifi. zt-180 indicates its a zenithink, x220 indicates it is a FT --LOL--. The pictures looked like a FT2v1. The seller told me it was a Wowpad. After much questioning I guessed it was in fact a FT2v2 which is what I got Though my heart stopped for a minute when it arrived in a SuperPad I box -LOL- Ordered another two from same seller, lets see what we get this time!

Last edited:

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
TCH gives little information on how he achieves the new rom. My perception is he takes an existing firmware release, cracks it open and injects new software and changes and then packs it up again. He said his is based on the 0316 rom as a starting point. Here is latest info, he just released another firmware rom in the last few hours 0405, but NOTE he has not posted any info on what has changed from his 0328 build and noone has posted any results yet. Many people happy with 0328 but I have not personally tried it yet and some reports of wifi issues and gallery dissapearing, I am waiting for notes on 0405 as it should contain the speaker volume fix and hopefully market fully functional and wifi fix:

POST FROM TCH:
Hello everyone. I am currently in the process of tweaking several points on the Flytouch3 rom. This is the first, mainly giving full root out of the box. Also, I have removed the System Update app which everyone seems to agree is completely pointless. This is based off of the 0316 rom. Market still works, and there are a few things I am currently working to take care of. They include:

* Ad-Hoc networks
* Many tier3 apps not showing in Market
* That bizzarre darkness to the screen output in everything over update1
* Volume (perhaps a DSP tweak/preamp?)
* anything else that comes up along the way...

Most of these are relatively small things and fairly easy to fix, but not all. If anybody has any information or interest, or would like to help in any way I gladly welcome your help. I can be reached via PM or email. (PM me if you need to email me)

As usual, unzip the two firmware* files to the root of a (preferably empty, 4K-cluster FAT32) microSD/TF card. Then boot the machine. It will start flashing the machine. When it is done it will give you a message in broken english about finishing your work and shutting down, etc. At this point you can hold the power button for about 20 seconds and then release it. If you wait too long the machine will start vibrating constantly. Do not worry, this is normal. When the machine is off, yank out the SD card, and either replace it with a different one or remove the firmware2 and firmware-discovery files. Then have fun with your device!

I also recommend always recalibrating the screen after flashing. It will save much frustration.

Anyway, I am going back to hax on ad-hoc support!

Happy hacking

--tch

PS: I highly recommend either Zeam or LauncherPro (pay for the full version - it is worth it). They really make the device that much zippier, and make it nicely themable and slick looking as well, IMO. BetterKeyboard is also choice - makes typing a dream
biggrin.png

NOTICE:

You do not need all of these files, only the latest.

Newest ROMs are the ones on top

Updated version: http://thechillhacker.com/media/FT3.05Apr2011.zip

http://thechillhacker.com/media/Supe...hillhacker.zip

http://thechillhacker.com/media/Supe...hillhacker.zip

Chandos

Apr 1, 2011
Did tch document how we can repack the firmware ourselves so we can cook our own ROMs?
No response from TCH yet on moving his thread to xda. Also no documentation I know of or mentioned. rgocal on this forum is doing great work with the FT2 firmware, he can probably give some good advice. He took a look inside TCH's firmware also.

On another note: I have installed TCH's 0405 firmware and it works well. Only bug I have found so far that is a regression is the bug where you need to remove sdcard to get some apps to install, and a few market apps don't show up in android market that did previously (This is what he is actively working on fixing atm though)