SuperPAD II (SuperPAD I with 512MB RAM)

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Swapping out the card took me a minute, but only because of the original 4GB flash card format. I think 16GB is the internal limit for our tablets. I was originally going to expand the standard 4GB to the full 16, but now I am thinking time to experiment with dual boot of some kind.

Sent from my Huawei Ascend M860 using Android Tablet Forum App

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Very interested in your progress on this dwc, please keep updated :). What are you considering dual booting with? A different OS?

Yes, someone had mentioned puppy linux so I will probably start there and expand to see what I can get away with. I may try a couple of different live boot thumb drives first and figure out what may be functional and what isn't before I actually try full installation. First I am going to make sure I can fully expand to the 16GB card and post my results in the thread I started for that little project. Then I will start working on the dual boot thing.

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Any luck yet? I have spent half the night reading these two articles and still nothing. It all seems pretty straight forward, but pad doesn't want to cooperate.

Sorry, sort of dropped out for a while... I haven't messed with it to much and then came the Thunderbolt! I've bees seeing a little about a ROM for these now and it seemed that resolved the adhok for some

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
dam it... Now I'm gonna have to take mine apart!

Swapping out the card took me a minute, but only because of the original 4GB flash card format. I think 16GB is the internal limit for our tablets. I was originally going to expand the standard 4GB to the full 16, but now I am thinking time to experiment with dual boot of some kind.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
@ QuietFire: Be carefull, I have opened my Flytouch II and my touchscreen never worked fine again. I have opened iit a few times trying to solve the problem until I broke the screen.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
dam it... Now I'm gonna have to take mine apart!

LOL, just be really careful if you do, that touchscreen cable is really easy to break. I pulled mine a little too hard and it snapped the end off. I have been out of town for a week, but now that I am home I am going to start working again with my tablet and see what can accomplish.

@ zittergie did you get the screen fixed? I am still waiting on my replacement screen because I broke the cable. What specifically did you break on yours?

Last edited:

QuietFire

Mar 4, 2011
Dully noted... I've been fixing laptops professionally for nearly 10 years, so I tend to be VERY delicate with my touch...

dwc, you got any pics of the insides? I doubt I'll find an IPB online!

@ QuietFire: Be carefull, I have opened my Flytouch II and my touchscreen never worked fine again. I have opened iit a few times trying to solve the problem until I broke the screen.

dwcunpluged

Dec 25, 2010
Dully noted... I've been fixing laptops professionally for nearly 10 years, so I tend to be VERY delicate with my touch...

dwc, you got any pics of the insides? I doubt I'll find an IPB online!

I sure do: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...t-2/12270-upgraded-internal-microsd-card.html

I posted these when I upgraded the internal card. And the battery wouldn't be that hard to replace, if you have a more powerful one with the same physical size specs as the pack already installed.

Stevenpr1

Apr 17, 2011
These are the specs for the one i bought it did not say what kind it was but it looks like a flytouch 3
Product description:
1. Summary: 10 inch tablet PC with Android 2.2, GPS, 3D game, WiFi, 1.3 megapixel camera
2. Screen: 10 inch resistive touchscreen with resolution 1024 *600, 16:9 screen ratio
3. Operating System: Android 2.2
4. CPU: Infotmic IMAPx220 ARM11 1 GHz (800 MHz effective)
5. RAM: DDR2 512MB
6. HDD: 4GB Nand flash (maximum 32GB through expansion card or USB)
7. Network: Wireless WIFI 802.11b/g; 3G Internet
8. Video Format: RM, RMVB, MKV, FLV, MPG, AVI, MP4, 3GP, DAT, MOV, etc. HD standard: 1080P
9. Audio formats: MP3, WMA, WAV, AAC, OGG, APE, FLAC, AC3, etc. comes with two stereo speakers
10. Picture formats: JPEG, JPG, BMP, PNG
11. Built-in applications: Skype, Office, Acrobat Reader, Media Player, E-book Reader, Google Email, Google Talk, MSN, etc.
12. Interface: 3.5mm stereo headphone jack, two USB ports, HDMI interface, 2 TF card ports, RJ45 port, power connector
13. Built-in power: 3000 Mah Lithium battery to support over 5 hour operation
14. External power supply voltage: 220V input, 9V DC output, 2A
15. Product size: 27*17*1.5 cm weight: about 660g (including package will be 1.75KG)
16. Accessories: adapter, USB cable, earphone, GPS antenna, touching pen, manual
I would like to know what everyone thinks it is here is the link for the pixs 10 inch Infotmic Tablet PC - a set on Flickr
I bought it cause it was cheap and I wanted to see if I liked a tablet without spending a alot on one.

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
@ dwcunpluged: Just broke the touchscreen, everything else still works.

I am not going to install a new touchscreen, but will sell the pad for parts, or for someone willing to install a new touchscreen.
If someone is interrested, it is the Flytouch II with 256Mb & 2 SD card slots. I have also the cover with keyboard, and included will be a 2 GB SD card with the new Firmware.

I am waiting for the ASUS EEE Transformer

B0B

Apr 23, 2011
im getting this one in the mail can anyone confirm they do come with 2 slots for the cards?

http://www.**********/myaccount/ord...rfxproductid=ff8080812f5756b4012f6c1576ac1fce

Attachments

• $1.0x0.jpg
    $1.0x0.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 328