Superpad III, internet and market

hazard

Jan 4, 2012
Hey guys i got a Superpad III for xmas its android 2.2 model DISCO10 I love it but i have 2 probs. i cant get everything in android market, I can get it i just cant get everything Eg Angry birds i had to download of my comp and load onto my tab but i can not get the updated version same for Facebook. Also i don't now how to use the internet without wifi so i cant use outside ect. i got a GPS cable with the box on the end but i don't now how to setup ect. any help with these would be grateful:) thanks

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
First, Congrats on your new tablet!

If you don't see an app in the market, then it means that the app is not supported on your device. The method you are talking about (download to pc, load to tablet) is called sideloading and it is a work-around, but when you do that a lot of apps won't update automatically. You need to find the newest apk and re-sideload.

Finally, I am not sure what you mean you can't access the internet without wifi, of course you can't do this. In order to get on the internet you need to either have WiFi or a Cellular connection, which your device does not support.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Cheers,
Peter

hazard

Jan 4, 2012
First, Congrats on your new tablet!

If you don't see an app in the market, then it means that the app is not supported on your device. The method you are talking about (download to pc, load to tablet) is called sideloading and it is a work-around, but when you do that a lot of apps won't update automatically. You need to find the newest apk and re-sideload.

Finally, I am not sure what you mean you can't access the internet without wifi, of course you can't do this. In order to get on the internet you need to either have WiFi or a Cellular connection, which your device does not support.

Welcome to the forum, glad to have you here.

Cheers,
Peter

Iv seen alot of people use the GPS cable for maps and internet rather then use wifi. soi cant access the net without wifi? what was the point in the GPS cable lol

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
The GPS is only for the Global Position Satellite reception, it has nothing whatsover to do with the "net." What happens is your GPS receiver gets a signal from the GPS Satellite constellation that provides it with a fixed position reference. You can then use software to take that position and see it in relationship to a map. The maps get to your device either by being preloaded or preinstalled by your mapping or navigation application, or they are loaded as needed if there is a network connection.

You can do what is called Map Caching in apps like Google Maps, which allows you to preload maps in a 10-mile area around a specific point, then you are able to use the GPS and Mapping together.

The cable that you refer to is just an additional antenna that will improve your GPS performance. It allows you to do things like stick it to a window or through a vehicle sunroof. This is necessary as GPS requires a clear view of the sky for optimal performance. Clouds are ok, but rain, snow, tree limbs, buildings, etc all will degrade the signal.

I hope that helps.