Switch Brands to get Honeycomb 3.1?

zcostilla

May 13, 2011
If you have been reading any of the news, you know that Acer produced many more tablets than they have sold. if Acer becomes an also ran, Dev support widefinitely suffer. i picked the Acer because itwas the most promising, with the full sized USB,HDMI, and the sdcard slot. That's why I gave my ultraportable laptop to my son when I picked up the Iconia. However, the Toshiba one-upped the Iconia with the removeable battery, and if it gets dev support and the Iconia flounders, I will jump ship. Acer just needs to get on the ball and people like me will stop grumbling and return to being a happy customer.

AQ_OC

May 14, 2011
If you have been reading any of the news, you know that Acer produced many more tablets than they have sold. if Acer becomes an also ran, Dev support widefinitely suffer. i picked the Acer because itwas the most promising, with the full sized USB,HDMI, and the sdcard slot. That's why I gave my ultraportable laptop to my son when I picked up the Iconia. However, the Toshiba one-upped the Iconia with the removeable battery, and if it gets dev support and the Iconia flounders, I will jump ship. Acer just needs to get on the ball and people like me will stop grumbling and return to being a happy customer.

According to a video I saw here, replacing the battery in the Iconia isn't so hard...

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
If you have been reading any of the news, you know that Acer produced many more tablets than they have sold.

I have been reading the news, and I see where acer has SOLD way more tablets than ALL the other Tablet manufacturers combined. When the price starts coming down that will be your clue that they have excess supply. But that is only just beginning to happen, and they have solid pricing everywhere.

if Acer becomes an also ran, Dev support widefinitely suffer. i picked the Acer because itwas the most promising, with the full sized USB,HDMI, and the sdcard slot. That's why I gave my ultraportable laptop to my son when I picked up the Iconia. However, the Toshiba one-upped the Iconia with the removeable battery, and if it gets dev support and the Iconia flounders, I will jump ship. Acer just needs to get on the ball and people like me will stop grumbling and return to being a happy customer.

What is this dev support you keep harping about? Developers develop for specific versions of Android not specific tablets. Have you found any Tablet apps that DON'T work on the Iconia?

You've already pointed out the advantages of having a full compliment of ports. Then you ramble off about a battery, which isn't even an issue since the A500 has excellent run time, and 3.1 will increase that yet again. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the world is going to flock to Toshiba's door if they come out with a replaceable battery? Seriously?

zcostilla

May 13, 2011
What is this dev support you keep harping about? Developers develop for specific versions of Android not specific tablets. Have you found any Tablet apps that DON'T work on the Iconia?

You've already pointed out the advantages of having a full compliment of ports. Then you ramble off about a battery, which isn't even an issue since the A500 has excellent run time, and 3.1 will increase that yet again. Do you SERIOUSLY believe the world is going to flock to Toshiba's door if they come out with a replaceable battery? Seriously?

We'll just have to agree to disagree on that. Dev support for many apps are device specific (i.e. netflix on the phones- - I know it doesn't work on honeycomb yet). Custom roms are also put out by developers, because people like me can use the tablets, but aren't savvy enough to program. I would like to be able to carry an extra battery because I travel a lot,sometimes worldwide, and it would be helpful in an airport, or on an international flight. If I were in charge of Acer, I would encourage it to be developed in the same way the Nexus phones are, but that's just me.

ultraMagnus

Jun 18, 2011
so people are bi--hing about waiting on a 3.1 updat official for their device and whining about certain tabs having looked bootloaders. hmm. if baskin robins said they would have a new chocolate ice cream out at the end of june would you be a whiner and want it "now" to. maybe youd switch to kemps. evervheardvabout researchingba product b4 u buy it? as for the bootlock, ive got a rooted iconia and as far as i know the only thing that i cant do is flash new mods on it. oh suchh a sad world where patience is no longer a desirable virtue.

spexwood

May 11, 2011
TC must be an "Android fanatic." I consider myself an Android fan myself and would choose it over Apple and Windows (mobile), but I am patient enough to wait for an update that has been PROMISED to us, the users. Why the heck cant people wait? <sarcasm> Oh wow, you say that the Xoom and Asus already have the update? OMG! I must have it NOW toooooooo! </sarcasm>

Seriously. Just wait. The update will start rolling out on the 23rd of June. Thats what?... 4 days from now? If you cannot wait that long then that is just sad. If you want to waste your money on a different tablet just because you are impatient, then I guess I cant stop you, but all I can say is that I am sure glad that the money aint coming out of my pocket.

Android fanatics just seem like the most ridiculously impatient, spoiled, and demanding people in existence. :/