Sync music from pc to tab

Cabernathy

Jun 29, 2011
:(I spent the entire night trying to sync my music from my pc to my tab. What am i doing wrong or how do i proceed?

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
Sync?

Nah, just copy, Android is not itunes.

Just Drag and Drop entire directory structures from your PC to your Music folder on the Tablet. This even works when you drag entire iTunes music directories.

You can do this with the tablet wired via USB, or over WIFI using ES File Manager, free in the market.

Personally, I recommend a MicroSD card and PC adaptor, something like this: http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Micro...2KYK/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1309379349&sr=8-8
for transferring lots of music. That way its on the External_microSD card and not tying up your main internal memory.

Other options:

Go fishing for a Google Music invite. I have one, its awesome. I just point my Google Music manager at my Music directory on my PC and ALL that music is available on the Tablet with the standard Android Music player.

Get a Amazon Music account (free for up to 20 gigs) and upload all your music to it and you can download to any android device.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Sync?

Go fishing for a Google Music invite. I have one, its awesome. I just point my Google Music manager at my Music directory on my PC and ALL that music is available on the Tablet with the standard Android Music player.

I agree with this. music.google.com to start. Love it!

sopranosv

Nov 22, 2010
:(I spent the entire night trying to sync my music from my pc to my tab. What am i doing wrong or how do i proceed?

It all depends on what you want to sync. If it is only some of your music that you want to move to your tablet, then I would suggest to stick the SD directly to your laptop/PC (with an adapter) and then copy your music to a "MUSIC" folder in it.

If you want to sync some of your playlists, then that´s a different story. In my specific case, I manage my music with iTunes, so I sync my playlists with iSyncr. The only issue I found is that it will sync my music to the internal SD, so having more than 4GB is not an option.

louie76

Jul 21, 2011
I created a music folder on my sd card on my galaxy tab, but the default music player does not see my files. I have to open the my files folder and get to them that way. Why can't my tablet see the audio files from the app? Also, I have yet to be successful getting windows media player to see my samsung tablet so that I can synch my music with media player.

L.

wiro67

Jul 24, 2011
look in the market for audiogalaxy instal on tab and on your computer it wil do what you want:)

Douvie

Jun 10, 2011
I created a music folder on my sd card on my galaxy tab, but the default music player does not see my files. I have to open the my files folder and get to them that way. Why can't my tablet see the audio files from the app? Also, I have yet to be successful getting windows media player to see my samsung tablet so that I can synch my music with media player.

L.
You need to change the music player default settings so that your new "music folder" will be the default folder.

Or

Move the new music folder under the standard music folder -only if it is all on the internal SD memory.