T mobile seems have blocked data for my S7 for no reason.....

rokky

Oct 22, 2010
Thanks for your response. How do you like the Virgin Mobile's MiFi? I've heard complaints that it's not fast enough or it's blocked after 5Gb when it's supposed to be unlimited.

And I just want to make sure I understood you correctly. You're using it for the internet on your phone and on the S7, right? I just want to be sure the internet won't be blocked if I use a MiFi for it. I can understand the S7 not being blocked by TMobile or Virgin Mobile but I didn't know about the internet on the phone too. Also, is your signal strong enough for the multiple devices as advertised?

Thanks again.

Sheila

Don't know about the VM Mifi's Terms Of Service, but the TOS with my new VM Optimus V state "unlimited does not mean unreasonable", and they reserve the right to "take measures" to "protect" other customers' access to the network - yeah, right....
Oh, and no tethering.

Gfire

Feb 19, 2011
Wonder what will happen now that T-Mobile just sold to AT&T.

Sent from my sdk using Android Tablet Forum App

dublea

Feb 22, 2011
Wonder what will happen now that T-Mobile just sold to AT&T.

Well that ALL depends on if it will be approved by the FCC or not. Even so, it will take almost a year for it to go through and many things could change. Only time will tell.

sanny17

May 21, 2011
Hi all,

Alas, thanks much to you all on this forum, but a little too late for me to return the S7, I know what happened with my S7 and tmobile. (I am new to the Forum but have read a a lot in the last few days. I posted an introduction to the S7 owners thread that I'm reproducing below). I want to thank all your previous terrible experiences with tmobile that you finally found out what's happening, and also the petition to the FCC started by some of you (see other thread). What is happening to that petition, and do you have any updates? Also, has anyone managed any workaround solution? Worse case scenario, can I buy another Android phone and tether the S7? (which is soooo stupid because I did so much research on finding a phone-tablet that can replace my existing tmobile (cliq) smartphone.

What have you done with your situations? Thanks

------

Hi everyone, just wanted to say hello and that these forums have been so useful to me!

I just got my S7 two days ago (I bought the Slim from BB and returned it, and got the S7 online instead- weird as it is, I am one of the oddballs who like the resistive screen). It's great like all of you said, but my BIGGEST gripe is that I bought it to use as a phone (in addition to data) with my existing tmobile plan, and realized it will only work with voice/text, and not other data like web, etc. I had researched into it and found out that users didn't hare problems using it with tmobile, until I saw this forum's topics on Tmobile pulling out the data feature suddenly for the S7 in January. I'll be joining the budding movement to help push for this issue to be resolved (will post in the other thread).

So now I'm kinda stuck- I gave away my tmobile cell to my partner before I realized this, and now I have the S7 as a phone, but no data. Has anyone got a workaround? (I know about the WebConnect plan for tmobile, but like many of you, I don't want to pay extra for something that I already have!). Maybe ATT (gulp...) will be the way to go!

llanyort

May 26, 2012
So now I'm kinda stuck- I gave away my tmobile cell to my partner before I realized this, and now I have the S7 as a phone, but no data. Has anyone got a workaround? (I know about the WebConnect plan for tmobile, but like many of you, I don't want to pay extra for something that I already have!). Maybe ATT (gulp...) will be the way to go!

I was just wondering as of 6-16-2012(today), is your voice still working from your TMOB sim ?