T mobile tomorrow for Galaxy Tab?

Oct 2, 2010
Is anyone else going to their local Tmobile store to check out the Galaxy Tab tomorrow?

I am planning on it myself. :)

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
Yes, I plan on calling them to confirm, asking about full price, then driving on over there to pick one up if all goes well. If not, I have my name on a waiting list with Verizon. Either way, I'm getting one this week! Can't wait to play angry birds again. Such a dang simple game....but it really is fun and addictive lol. My plan is not to take my wife when I go purchase it, because she will kick my ass when she sees the price 0.o

Oct 2, 2010
Oh, she will! Lol

I already sold enough of my other "toys" to buy one if I want too. But I might end up keeping the Streak instead. It's easier to hide for one thing...

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
LOL. She's right here reading this with me, she waved her fist at me. I just sold a video game and our nintendo Wii that we never use, on amazon.com So we won't be broke this month after all. I definitely have the money to get the tab. I just read that T Mobile has an option to pay $30 a month after an initial payment of $250 or so. If that's true, its a much better deal to go with! Here is the link for that info: Samsung Galaxy Tab - T-Mobile prices Samsung Galaxy Tab officially

And even better, you can now order the Galaxy tab at t mobile website!!

Unsupported Browser

babynomad

Oct 10, 2010
Hey, could you advise what the screen responsiveness is like. And what version of Android.
Thanks

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
Amazon can be a little "out there" price wise. ;)

You do get a better deal buying through Tmobile. They waive the activation fee, it's not ringing up with sales tax, and for some reason is ringing up with an employee discount at the store near me.

The price is what Samsung is charging on there. I don't have T Mobile and don't want to be hassled with setting up accounts just to get one. I'm not even with T Mobile, but I refuse to get anything AT&T has branded and prefer very much to keep my $15/Month Unlimited Data Plan. The only reason I would like a T Mobile is in case I decided to use my Sims card get some Edge service, but I wouldn't even need that because I can just tether to my phone. Which is why I wanted a wifi only, but if that's the case, I'll just stick wiht Elocity. After constant weighing of options, that is the best one for me.

Oct 2, 2010
The price is what Samsung is charging on there. I don't have T Mobile and don't want to be hassled with setting up accounts just to get one. I'm not even with T Mobile, but I refuse to get anything AT&T has branded and prefer very much to keep my $15/Month Unlimited Data Plan. The only reason I would like a T Mobile is in case I decided to use my Sims card get some Edge service, but I wouldn't even need that because I can just tether to my phone. Which is why I wanted a wifi only, but if that's the case, I'll just stick wiht Elocity. After constant weighing of options, that is the best one for me.

But you don't need a contract with tmobile. I don't have one. They will sell it to you without any kind of a plan, although according to the website they aren't supposed to.

But I can understand waiting for the A7, the price alone is better.

AndroidIsTheTruth

Aug 15, 2010
But you don't need a contract with tmobile. I don't have one. They will sell it to you without any kind of a plan, although according to the website they aren't supposed to.

But I can understand waiting for the A7, the price alone is better.

I would hope they sell without trying to get me to set up an account. But I just can't justify wasting and extra $100 for 3g service I'll never use. And I don't really care for just the 30 pin socket. Like I say, the more I think about the options, they more I'm glad I'm going with the Elocity.

.....for the moment.

Oct 2, 2010
Yeah, I hear you. I'm on the fence with it myself. I really like some things about the Streak better. Like typing this on the Galaxy tablet with swype is a real pain in the @$$.

klown07

Aug 27, 2010
You don't have to use Swype on the galaxy tab. also, I did a walk in at tmobile to get the tab, I purchased at full price with a $10 prepaid data sim. $620.88 total. I love the galaxy tab, my wife actually took it away from me to listen to slacker radio while playing angry birds. And she's not a gadget person

mgr52

Nov 11, 2010
I already have t-mobile cell plan. Would I have to buy a separate service for the tablet?