Tablet crashed in middle of reset

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
Hi,

I was playing candy crush and my Mid tablet froze, I hit the power button to reboot it, it wouldnt reboot. Then I tried to do a hard reset, power button + volume up key, at the time it happened I had 70 percent power the hard reset crashed.

Now it wont power on, wont even show that it is charging , its like its just dead. When I plug it into my laptop it shows up as usb, but I can not enter it, its not being read.

Any Ideas on what I can do? how can I get it powered back on? Can it be restored thru a computer?

This tablet is less than 6 weeks old. These are the specs from ebay.
[h=3]Item specifics[/h]
Type: TabletHardware Connectivity: USB
Operating System: Android 4.2.x Jelly BeanFeatures: Built-In Front Camera, Built-In Rear Camera, Expandable Memory
Screen Size: 7"Storage Capacity: 32 GB
Internet Connectivity: Wi-FiBundled Items: Case/Cover, Keyboard
Contract: Not ApplicableCountry/Region of Manufacture: China

Thanks a million Cincy

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I suggest plugging it into your laptop or another computer not sleeping for >5 hours or so even if it doesn't look like it's doing anything. That will trickle charge it and may bring it back to life.

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
When I plug it into my usb the port names it usb device vid_1f3a_pid_efe8. Does that mean it is charging? I really dont think the battery is dead, it had a 70 percent charge when it froze. Super user not livesuit dont even recognize its even attached to the computer...is that because its not powering on?

Last edited:

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
Trying that now...and praying..lol Thanks I'll post again in a few hours and let ya know the outcome.

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
So here we are going on 5 hours, I did a hard press, i hear the sound a pc makes when you connect a device..it will disconnect and reconnect, but nothing shows up at all on the tablet.

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
It's possible your screen has gone bad. If you have an HDMI port you could connect to a TV and see for sure but it sounds as if the tablet is in fact working but you just can't see it.

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
It doesnt have an hdmi port, however my tv has a usb port, I tried hooking it to that and got nothing. wasnt sure to look for pc or video or hdmi in the source menu..wouldnt i hear a reboot sound on the tablet? I dont know how the screen could be bad its only 6 weeks old.

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Anything can fail at any time. I just put together a PC and the power supply totally failed in less than 4 hours. Fortunately I hadn't installed it yet. If it's only 6 weeks old I would look at trying to get a replacement.

HDMI would be the only way to connect to a TV if you can't see what you're doing. USB is not an option.

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
Yea, they only replace them 30 days after purchase..lol...Im going to keep trying tho. maybe my laptop will give it some kind of charge over night. Id really like to know how to reinstall the software from my pc thru the usb.

cincywbbw

Mar 29, 2014
Well, they actually did replace it, but the tablet still acts funny, wifi shuts off or times out, it wont reboot if the sd card is in it. Now There comes the question, can I use the same android system software on my tablet that is on my phone and how would I put that operating system onto the tablet?