Tablet for wife

Aug 21, 2012
I realise this is not directly for asus transfomer but i do require the users experience.
what iam after is a tablet for my wife, i love my transformer 300 and now my wife wants a tablet.
What i want to know is there any 10inch tablets that any one recommends, as my wife has used my tablet it needs to be on performance par with the 300 but my wife has no need for a keyboard, so just a thin light tablet is needed.
Any suggestions would be apperciacted first hand experience would be loved. Thanks very much guys.

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Personally, the 300 is still the best tablet in it's price range for features and performance without the keyboard dock. You don't need to buy it to purchase the tablet. I know of NO other comparable tablets that cost $399, have a Tegra 3 SoC, have Android 4.1.1 Jelly Bean, a MicroSD slot, and a slew of other features. I just purchased my TF300T; in fact, I'm using it to type this right now on the keyboard dock. Don't forget, also, that it comes with a minimum of 32GB of storage. There is NO 16GB model - you're getting 32GB for $399.

I was actually quite impressed by the sound quality over the original Transformer. It has bass, deep and rich sounds. SonicMaster really is that good. I know you already own one, so I'm not stating anything that you don't already know - but I've done research on a lot of tablets and I view myself as quite well-versed in the tablet market, both current and upcoming. The 300 is the best price-to-performance ratio tablet out there at the moment (unless you include the Nexus 7, which IS an incredible tablet (my grandmother has one)).

Personally, I would actually go for the TF700T - the Transformer Pad Infinity. But as your wife doesn't want the keyboard, I'm guessing she won't be as thorough of a user as you. It may not be cost effective, then, at $499. Regardless of that, it does have a few great features over the 300: greater than 1080p display, higher-clocked Tegra 3 SoC, much enhanced camera (look up some shots on The Verge, they compared the 300 to the Infinity IIRC), camera LED flash, all metal chassis, 20% thinner frame, and more.

I recommend it.

Last edited: