Tablet Keeps Turning Off

Feb 22, 2014
I Have an Android 4.1.1 Sensis N78 RK30-anpei7008Trsy-user-r4.1.1.4.083 tablet with kernel version 3.0.8+ and build number RK30-anpei7008Trsy-user-r4.0.83.20130106 that I got almost a year ago. Till the weather got colder the tablet worked fine, however, as of the last 2 months it has acted strange.

For after 5 minutes or so on battery power the tablet shuts down with-out warning. Any attempt at restart just results in shorting the on time before shutdown. Then to the point that tablet "dies" even before getting to what I call "the unlock page."

The sequence of events usually follow what happen last Thursday night..

1: Starting at 1% reported battery charge, I recharge the battery on AC.
2: After about 90 minutes the tablet is charged at 100%
3: When, come Friday morning, I use the tablet the reported battery charge is at 99%-100 %, but, after 5 minutes there is an abrupt shutdown.
4: After restarting the tablet the reported battery charge is 18%, then after a minute, the tablet shut down. Any more restart attempts leads nowhere.
5: After leaving the tablet off for 8 hours I restart it and informed that the recharge level is 80%, but, it still will shut down after 5 minutes
6: By Saturday morning the tablet again shown 1% battery level, but, after plugging in to my car's cigarette lighter the battery level jumps to 80%. But, after 5 minutes I back at #4.

Plus, I have also found that if the power cable wire is disbured, the tablet will turn off

Using a Battery App it reported that:
Battery Health: Good
Technology: Li-ion
Temperatrure: 32.0F
Voltage: 3.0V

I been searching on the net, but, found nothing

Even tried contacting the company, but, my mails keep coming back marked with
quota exceed.

I haven't received replies form other sites I have asked

Last edited:

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Welcome to the forum

This is just a wild guess but I'd say there is a problem with a connection in the battery contacts or the charging circuit. The only suggestion I have is to take it apart and check all the connections.

Feb 22, 2014
The only suggestion I have is to take it apart and check all the connections

OK, but, how?

I beleve that the back just snaps into (and out of) place, but, is there a trick that I shold look out for?

Plus, one I do get inside, would I notice anything out of place?

Or out comes the volt reader?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I wish I had an answer. The best I can say is eyeball it to see if anything looks loose.

Feb 22, 2014
I got the back off and to my eyes nothing look wrong.

I took a voltmeter to the battery and it read 3.7v

If the battery is ok then could something effected the tablet when it was used/stored/recharged in below freezing (20F) weather?

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
Possibly. Go through several deep discharge and charge cycles to see if anything changes. If it is the charging circuit itself it may be difficult to tell.

Feb 22, 2014
Well, I'll try your suggestion and see what happens. If that don't work then this tablet may be heading back home to China for recycling ;)

However, I do have one more question.

How do you read Android's built in battery chart?

I took the screenshot below 1 minute after turning on the tablet (and after it being off for 11 hours and being on AC recharge for 3 hours before that).

$Screenshot_2014-02-26-10-39-38.JPG

Yet it shows I been on battery power for over 7 minutes 16 seconds, and what is the 24 minutes 18 seconds notation on the X axis of the graft denote?

Last edited: