Tablet Question

Fosters723

Sep 21, 2011
My husband has played with my dads Ipad and has mentioned that he wanted an E-reader in the past and then I brought home my uncles Android impression tablet and he said he wanted one of those... So I saw the Pandigital online for 84.95 and when it got here I notice I couldn't go to certain sites to play games like addicitinggames.com, which you CAN do on the impression tablet.

I am looking for something in the cheaper range, everything is 250+ which is more than I wanted to spend

I would like it to have
Wifi
Be able to play fb games, or addicitnggames.com etc... (which the impression can do)
Movies, music, ereader, email, apps, games etc...

Here are some others I have found never heard of them but they were on walmart.com and they are android based...

which of these is good and what
what do i need to look for when looking for a tablet
how do i know what is good and what is not

Walmart.com: Maylong M-250 7" Universal Tablet PC with Wi-Fi Featuring Android 2.2 Operating System: Computers

Walmart.com: Ematic eGlide with Wi-Fi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android 2.2 Operating System, Black: Computers

Walmart.com: NAXA Core with Wi-Fi 7" Touchscreen Tablet PC Featuring Android Operating System, Silver: Computers

http://www.*****************/7-inch-Epad-VIA8650-800Mhz-Android-2-2-OS-Tablet-PC_p189753.html
79.00 org 127.00

what other ones could i look at in this price range? if these are no good?

Last edited:

Walkop

Apr 18, 2011
Well, you don't get nearly the relaibility or quality (in my opinion) of any other major tablets with any of these here. You are probably risking poor screen quality, touch responsiveness, lots of lag, and other things with these tablets. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

As for what to look for - whenever you're looking for a tablet, you should make sure it has a capacitive screen - capacitive screens are much, much better performers than resistive (the other potential option). Also, make sure it has a G-sensor (or accelerometer - they're usually the same thing) or a Gyroscope. This allows the tablet to sense tilt, and is quite important in a very large amount of situations. Also, make sure the tablet has an Operating System version over 2.0 at the very least. Anything over 2.1-2.2 is much more preferable.

In the end, you usually get what you pay for. Tablets are complicated machines - and this is reflected in the cost. For instance, you wouldn't get NEARLY the quality of a $400 laptop with a $175 one - and, usually, one with that price is fairly outdated and just not too good.

There are various tablets, though, that sell for low prices and are rated pretty good. I've seen quite a few Flytouch owners on this forum, and they seem pretty satisfied. ARCHOS tablets are also an option, and they sell fairly cheaply.

In the end, it depends on how much you are really willing to pay - with anything sub-$200 brand new, you will likely miss out on a lot of key features that make a tablet a tablet. If you want something that just works, without too much hassle, you'll have to pay a little more (over 200, I would say). Anything under that, and you really risk not getting a good tablet with good usability.

For instance, from what I see, that Impression tablet you saw goes for $350. With that price tag, the features you get will likely work quite well, without an issue, and it will function good. All I'm saying is that you can't expect something to be nearly as good as that tablet if your price range is half of it. Again, you get what you pay for.

However, to stop being negative (I apologize if I seemed that way; I'm just trying to convey my thoughts and inform you about the products) I'll provide you with a few links to products that may be in your price range and that are good quality in my opinion.

https://store.archos.com/archos-internet-tablet-p-5004.html ($239)
ARCHOS 80 G9 Tablet ($299; I know this is likely out of your price range, but it looks like a shockingly-well-specced tablet for the price)
Buy.com - NOOK Color by Barnes & Noble WiFi eReader ($179.99, refurbished - great tablet for the price, and very, very popular. It's worth $249 brand new. Although it runs a non-normal edition of Android, it can still run many popular apps and if you "Root" it (a relatively easy process; you can look it up or ask anyone here) you can install a full edition of Android on it).

Last edited:

Flips

Sep 22, 2011
I am using Apple Tablet, Let me know how can I connected with WiFi.. I don't have any knowledge regarding this.. There is an error in connection of WiFi.. So hope you will tell me answer.

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
Flips, this is an Android Tablet forum, so I don't know if there are people here are going to be able to help much. Is it that you can see the WiFi networks but cannot connect, or that you cannot even see WiFi networks?

Sent from my SCH-I905 using Android Tablet Forum

Fosters723

Sep 21, 2011
Hey thanks for your help and I understand what your saying, but my budget is what my budget is so would you say to just skip getting one all together then?

The deal my uncle got on his impression for 279 is no longer around and I don't have that money anyway (we're on the Dave Ramsey plan :)...)

I really don't think it needs to do much, my biggest request is that it can play games from sites like addictinggames.com and fb Sounds like they can all already do video, music, ereader, email, wifi... then general stuff im looking for.

What is out there you would say would be in my price & what would you say is wrong with the ones on the 100.00+ side that I listed? 132.00 from walmart or i don't remember but i listed some other above for more than 100.00

not sure where to go from here....
Also didn't think about getting a book since its mainly for reading and this was more for games, videos, surfing...computer type uses

SpeMall.com

Jul 13, 2011
Hey thanks for your help and I understand what your saying, but my budget is what my budget is so would you say to just skip getting one all together then?

The deal my uncle got on his impression for 279 is no longer around and I don't have that money anyway (we're on the Dave Ramsey plan :)...)

I really don't think it needs to do much, my biggest request is that it can play games from sites like addictinggames.com and fb Sounds like they can all already do video, music, ereader, email, wifi... then general stuff im looking for.

What is out there you would say would be in my price & what would you say is wrong with the ones on the 100.00+ side that I listed? 132.00 from walmart or i don't remember but i listed some other above for more than 100.00

not sure where to go from here....
Also didn't think about getting a book since its mainly for reading and this was more for games, videos, surfing...computer type uses

OK,we can't see any more detailed information and specs about the walmart tablet you listed above, do you know which android OS does the $132 tablet run with? so , no judgement!:D
here i found two tablet PC at your price range, and you can do some comparison:
7 inch 1080P HD Android 2.2 tablet PC 1GHz CPU WiFi 32GB TF Card Slot - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China
Cheap 7inch Google Android 2.3 Tablet PC with VC882 Embedded Cortex A8 Processor 1080P HD - China Electronics Wholesale - Consumer Electronics Gadgets Dropship From China