Tablet Stuck On Blank Screen

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Are you able to root a Tablet that is stuck on a blank screen.? I have a cheap 7" tablet thats supposed to be a Wondermedia WM 8850, I have since found that it is a Eken Mid 7 W70 GSL 1680 Z7Z67 030 A. Has anyone heard of these and repaired one.I also found a thing called Uberoid thats supposed to repair these tablets but I'm not able to follow the instructions it won't sink in, Thanks for any info, pindero.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello again, I'm still trying to get this tablet repaired, Can anyone tell me if the problem that I've got is called a soft brick? Thanks again.

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
No it goes to recovery mode in top left hand and stays like it till battery goes flat. Thank you for getting back to me.

Peter Carlos

Nov 11, 2014
Are you able to root a Tablet that is stuck on a blank screen.? I have a cheap 7" tablet thats supposed to be a Wondermedia WM 8850, I have since found that it is a Eken Mid 7 W70 GSL 1680 Z7Z67 030 A. Has anyone heard of these and repaired one.I also found a thing called Uberoid thats supposed to repair these tablets but I'm not able to follow the instructions it won't sink in, Thanks for any info, pindero.

Well, I think you have messed up with the device firmware and I would say it may need to be flashed with the stock ROM again, okay did you tried factory resetting your device by pressing and holding the volume Key+power button ?? If you haven't then first try doing that and after doing the you still encounter the problem then I think better option would be heading over to the nearest support instead of trying and flashing the stock ROM again over your device especially if you are completely noob on this one ! See if this helps you out with the problem you are encountering.. :)

pindero

Jan 31, 2013
Hello Peter, Thankyou for getting back to me, I have tried to reset the tablet but it won't respond. I can get the tablet to go to the Android man with spinning stomach and sometimes its gone to the Android lying on its back with a red and thats as far as it will go, I have noticed if I connect a usb dongle the dongle will flash and I have tried to connect tablet to PC but it keeps saying that it has driver problems. Do you think this tablet a Eken Mid 7 W70 GSL1680 Z7Z67 030 A. will repair? Thanks again. Pindero. (Alan)