Tablet With Front Or Side Facing Speakers?

tablet4512

Jul 24, 2015
Hello,

I'm looking to buy a brand new tablet with front or side facing speakers that is within $200 dollar budget. Sometimes I like to listen to podcasts on YouTube while laying in bed, so the tablet would be laying down on the bed too. A tablet with rear facing speakers might compromise the sound I'm afraid. It doesn't necessarily have to be an Android based tablet, but please don't recommend anything by Apple. Thank You!

TinderboxUK

May 28, 2012
I have an lenovo tablet with front facing speakers and an Samsung tablet with side speakers and while the front facing speakers do sound better, it`s not a huge difference.

With front facing speaker check that if you decide to use a book type case check that the cover does not obstruct the speakers, I use an ebook reader that has built in text to speech, my tablets has side speakers and lay my tablet on my bed listing to my books being read aloud.

John.

tablet4512

Jul 24, 2015
I have an lenovo tablet with front facing speakers and an Samsung tablet with side speakers and while the front facing speakers do sound better, it`s not a huge difference.

With front facing speaker check that if you decide to use a book type case check that the cover does not obstruct the speakers, I use an ebook reader that has built in text to speech, my tablets has side speakers and lay my tablet on my bed listing to my books being read aloud.

John.
Thank You for your reply, John. How many speakers do you have on your Lenovo tablet, one or two? I have found a candidate for purchase - Lenovo IdeaTab A8, but it only has one front speaker. I'm wondering whether a single speaker is enough to provide an acceptable level of sound. I realize it's not gonna be Hi-Fi quality, but I don't want the sound to be poor either.