Tablet won't get past Android screen

Jan 18, 2011
My T301 will not get past the android loading screen. I've tried the reset button many times, I've called their unresponsive "hotline", I've created a ticket on their website(still no reply). This is weird because it's basically brand new, I only got to use it for about a day and I was JUST getting over not having flash. Anyone have any type of solution for this? I'm thinking I'll have to send it back and get a new one.

oscillat0r

Feb 1, 2011
My T301 will not get past the android loading screen. I've tried the reset button many times, I've called their unresponsive "hotline", I've created a ticket on their website(still no reply). This is weird because it's basically brand new, I only got to use it for about a day and I was JUST getting over not having flash. Anyone have any type of solution for this? I'm thinking I'll have to send it back and get a new one.

I had the same issue out of the box...i guess it helped prepare me for all the further disappointments ;)

Here's how I fixed it;
1) download latest update from vel. mic site (update.zip) and put it on SD card
2) put SD card in Cruz
3) press reset with paperclip, then hold volume + button until 'Cruz' appears (the second time, ie it sort of flickers after a moment)
4) will report some issue with loading cache, then will find update and run it in 5, 4, 3, 2, 1....
5) after system update system rebooted a few times and it was good to go

good luck

dbsousa

Feb 5, 2011
Here is how I got mine repaired. I wrote the ticket, and then called. and called. and called. a week later I got through, and the operator told me I had to upload my receipt. After several frustrating minutes trying to understand what that meant, I was told to scan my receipt, and attach it as a jpeg. I then got an RMA to return the device via UPS. They replaced mine and I should be getting it back on Tuesday.

Best of luck.

Here was my original ticket:

My Cruz Reader will not advance past the initial startup screen ("CRUZ"). I have tried the following:

I have pressed the reset button multiple times.

I have disconnected and reconnected the battery.

I have re-installed the firmware update. This appeared to install successfully, but then returned to the CRUZ screen and froze.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

tlspencer

Dec 30, 2010
Their support via tickets is pretty useless. It took me weeks to get a response to a question, which then did not even address the question. I have found EVERYTHING I needed in this forum because if I've had a problem with it, chances are someone else has too and has already figured it out.