Tablets for Dummies

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
You can delete apps/files that you download but you can only delete stock apps if you are rooted.

When the info icon blinks after youtube stops, click on it and there should be info in the left pane about what happened.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo
Thank you! I realised that i could delete/uninstall apps that i had downloaded from the market. Stock apps are what you would call programs that came with the Huawei software, i think?!
Root is another word that is not in my dictionary. What does it mean and what does it do for you when you take the steps of rooting? Should I root my device?
(The G Tab from AT&T seems so tempting but i will go with this till i am really ready for another.)

Thanks again!

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
Or, read the excellent write up on this that we have right here on this site: http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...resource-what-rooting-why-do-i-want-root.html

Thank you so much PBrauer! I did read this and understood why it is good to have a rooted device; to have control over apps and programs. I am afraid to do it without may be at least a BBuy guy around while I do. I may really screw up! Don't know if and when 2.2 update comes if i would dare! Maybe a telephone direction would do!

lotusflower

Dec 3, 2010
You can delete apps/files that you download but you can only delete stock apps if you are rooted.

When the info icon blinks after youtube stops, click on it and there should be info in the left pane about what happened.

Sent from my nonsensikal froyo

Thank you! S! I think for some reason my wifi connection gets kicked while i am on the s7. Its a linksys E1000 and has my vonage box, 2 laptops already connected with it. Maybe the 3rd device is a load on it? It should be able to handle at least 4. I have the Road Runner Lite.

Ives

Dec 10, 2010
Thank you! S! I think for some reason my wifi connection gets kicked while i am on the s7. Its a linksys E1000 and has my vonage box, 2 laptops already connected with it. Maybe the 3rd device is a load on it? It should be able to handle at least 4. I have the Road Runner Lite.

One thing to check is that the router is set to accept the appropriate amount of clients. I had mine set to 3 clients ( 2 laptops and a desktop ). Bought the S7 and had connection problems before realizing i needed to add another client. Everything worked great after that.

Ives

Edit - only an issue if all clients are online at same time..