tether phone to tablet

riki1kenobi

Jul 10, 2010
Those instructions are for the M001 devices and WONT work on the apad.

The apad doesnt have the correct code to even get the ifconfig module down.

I'm doing this the hard way by attempting to learn how to build my own ROM. IF I manage to re-write the code that enable ad-hoc I will post it up......

In the meantime, IF another ROM appears with it enabled then let me know.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
ok i will keep you updated and if you do figure it out would be able to build and app that could connect to ad hoc networks aswell?

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010

I'm doing this the hard way by attempting to learn how to build my own ROM. IF I manage to re-write the code that enable ad-hoc I will post it up......

hey riki1kenobi not to rush you or anything because i know it takes time but i was just checking to see if you have made any progress or have any good news for us :) if you need help testing or anything let me know

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010

ok so i dont know if you still check these threads sense you havent responded to my last question but i was wondering if this Linux + GNU = Humans Enabled: How to Tether your Android to Ubuntu(or Fedora) GNU+Linux for Internet Connectivity could be tweeked to work with tablets and if any buddy else knows or wants to work on this let us know

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
i should have mentioned this in the beginnig but if you have a nexus one running android 2.2 you should have no problem connecting a tablet to it because it broadcast a normal wifi network not an had hoc network

austinsting

Aug 1, 2010
Does this ad hoc network issue only apply to phones that create an ad hoc network?
Is there any way to connect to blackberries for data service, like just through bluetooth as a modem or even wired?

bmszabo

Aug 12, 2010
same experience as on page 2; N1 (unrooted, stock, 2.2) with native tethering (either open wifi or WPA) connects my Android tablet w/o any problems..

truevermo

Sep 2, 2010
Hello;
I use Apad with ROM flytouch_1.9.1_fast_and_furious, I manually added all previous required text to both files (wpa_supplicant.conf & rt2870sta.dat) and I've the same root as above mentioned /system/etc/wifi
I only noticed that my rt2870sta.dat file content is different than above mentioned green text, so I’ve tried two steps.
First was to only amend my original rt2870sta.dat file with these two lines red color text:

SSID=YOUR SSID
NetworkType=Adhoc
Second was:
add entire green above text instead of original file contents.
I repotted tablet, on/off wifi but result still no Ad-hoc hotspot shown.
N.B: I use Nokia 5800 with Joiku application to make phone as Ad-hoc hotspot. And here is a copy of my original rt2870sta.dat :
#The word of "Default" must not be removed
CountryRegion=5
CountryRegionABand=7
CountryCode=
ChannelGeography=1
SSID=buf
NetworkType=Infra
WirelessMode=9
Channel=0
BeaconPeriod=100
TxPower=100
BGProtection=0
TxPreamble=0
RTSThreshold=2347
FragThreshold=2346
TxBurst=1
PktAggregate=0
WmmCapable=1
AckPolicy=0;0;0;0
AuthMode=OPEN
EncrypType=NONE
WPAPSK=
DefaultKeyID=1
Key1Type=0
Key1Str=
Key2Type=0
Key2Str=
Key3Type=0
Key3Str=
Key4Type=0
Key4Str=
PSMode=CAM
AutoRoaming=0
RoamThreshold=70
APSDCapable=0
APSDAC=0;0;0;0
HT_RDG=1
HT_EXTCHA=0
HT_OpMode=1
HT_MpduDensity=4
HT_BW=1
HT_BADecline=0
HT_AutoBA=1
HT_BADecline=0
HT_AMSDU=0
HT_BAWinSize=64
HT_GI=1
HT_MCS=33
HT_MIMOPSMode=3
HT_DisallowTKIP=1
EthConvertMode=
EthCloneMac=
IEEE80211H=0
TGnWifiTest=0
WirelessEvent=0
MeshId=MESH
MeshAutoLink=1
MeshAuthMode=OPEN
MeshEncrypType=NONE
MeshWPAKEY=
MeshDefaultkey=1
MeshWEPKEY=
CarrierDetect=0
AntDiversity=0
BeaconLostTime=4
FtSupport=1
Wapiifname=ra0
WapiPsk=
WapiPskType=
WapiUserCertPath=
WapiAsCertPath=

I wonder what is missing to enable Ad-hoc, can you help me? Thanks in advance.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
I tried the update.zip on my m701r and it didnt work and it actually messed up my wifi so be careful which devices you try it on.

paulwayne

Feb 20, 2011
Dear probbiethe1, Hi....I have an Ematic Eglide MID Android 2.1 tablet and want to tether my web access and Bluetooth enabled cell phone to my Android 2.1 tablet. Have you had any luck tethering you cell phone to your Android tablet? I purchased a Huawei E160E 3g USB modem for my Android tablet and an activated sim card and my tablet does not recognize the modem or sim card. The modem keeps on disconnecting. Do you have any solutions?

The specs for my Eglide Android tablet are as follows:

Ematic eGlide, MID, 2.1
Firmware: v1.02_14.13-MC_EN-2011.01.13
Kernel: 2.6.25_(V140_HY2_RHJ)
Build number: VO.18.ECLAIR.R.zmg.20101112.142908
Release Codename: REL
API Level : 7
Board: trout
Brand: rockchip
Fingerprint: rockchip/MID/MID/trout:2.1-update1/Eclair/eng.zmg.20101112.142908:user/test-keys
ID: ECLAIR
Processor: ARM926EJ-S rev 5 (v5l)
Sensors: Rockchip 3-axis Accelerometer: 3.0 mA

I've been trying for over a month to get the 3g USB function working to gain web access on my Android tablet with no success. Any help would be greatly appreaiated? Thanks, paulwayne