Tethering my Archos 70 - 250gig tablet via my DROID X

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Hey guys when i goto wifi settings for some reason my droid x does not appear and it is broadcasting and i can connect my wifes ipad and my macbook and her dell laptop just fine.

I had this same issue when i had the Huawei S7 tablet and i had to modify a wpa_supplicant file in order for it to see the droid x..

Is there a way or work around to get the ARchos 70 tablet to be able to see my Droid x and connect to it and use the tether capability from my droid x?

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
If you are using a tether application off the market, your tablet most likely can not connect to an adhoc connection.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
If you are using a tether application off the market, your tablet most likely can not connect to an adhoc connection.

Yes i'm using the Wireless tether app from the market. For the Huawei S7 it was the same issue it could connect via adhoc connection, but someone edited or created a new wpa_supplicant file and all we had to do is remove the one in the tablet under i believe system/bin or bin/system i forgot the directory and replace it with the new one and boom it was then able to see it and connect to it and work great... wonder if there is a way to do that to this tablet.

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
Yes i'm using the Wireless tether app from the market. For the Huawei S7 it was the same issue it could connect via adhoc connection, but someone edited or created a new wpa_supplicant file and all we had to do is remove the one in the tablet under i believe system/bin or bin/system i forgot the directory and replace it with the new one and boom it was then able to see it and connect to it and work great... wonder if there is a way to do that to this tablet.

yea i know how it works. Im not sure if you can do that with the s7. i will try to find out for you though.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
yea i know how it works. Im not sure if you can do that with the s7. i will try to find out for you though.

You can do it with the S7 i did it it was under tweaks sticky, maybe you meant you don't know if you can do that with the Archos 70? Thanks for your help much appreciated :)

phlfly

Jan 2, 2011
I'm looking to tether my archos 70 via ly vs740 Verizon I don't understand why is Bluetooth saying parked but not connected.

phlfly

Jan 2, 2011
Low like I understood why. Verizon is using Hot Spot for 20 bucks a month so they are blocking tether capability. I have tried LG vs 660 and it has hot spot that is connected fine to archos 70 , but then Verizon asked to pay 20 per month soon as I went internet browser. So it will required to rooted it in the order to get this work.

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
Wireless tether was updated so htc devices can use it as an infrastructure mode, hopefully they can code it for motorola droids to work in infrastructure mode for droids that support it (the original droid can't but droid 2s droid xs and droid pros (and yes the droid2global).

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Android Tablet Forum App

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Strange I tried to connect to my droid x via blue tooth for teathering and now all of a sudden i can connect no problem and i can get out to the internet and everything via bluetooth.

luckyxero

Nov 6, 2010
What did you do to get the Droid X and 70IT to connect? I got them to pair, but there's no connection.

movadoevo8

Dec 27, 2010
Was weird it that was what was happening to me, paired but not connected... So one day later i tried again... I unpaired and re-paired.... Then i went to the wifi tether app and made sure wif was turned off and enabled the bluetooth waited like 30 seconds then i went onto the tablet under settings, cell phone tether and just enabled tether and it seemed to have connected on it its own.

Now it just auto connects if i have blue tooth on both the droid and tablet and enable tether on the tablet under cell tether.

Make sure you enable blue tooth before you even enable it on the wifi tether app.

Just weird man its hard to really know what got it to work for the fact that i was getting the same issue..

OH FYI sometimes it connects and says its connected even the tether, but i can get on to the internet so all i do is disconnect and reconnect and it works.. Maybe the first time i connected and since i couldnt get out to the internet i gave up and thought it wasn't working? Keep trying it will work just a matter of how you synch it and what you enable first...

Bottom line i didn't do anything special just started to work not sure why.