tethering, usb, who's doing what?

Jan 10, 2011
so the whole adhoc thing has kinda messed this up for me. I have an iphone (jailbroken) and I was planning on using it to generate a hotspot for the flytouch... seems as though that wont be happening due to the whole adhoc issue.

so does anyone tehter via USB to get a connection?

what are ya'll doing, or are we all simply using whatever free wifi we can find?

thx

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
On my rooted Huawei S7 Barnacle works well, without any modifications at all. Give that program a try.

probbiethe1

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jun 30, 2010
Barnicle is to make an adhoc network, not to allow you to connect to one. If you want your tablet to connect to adhoc network then you need to hack your tablet

Sent from my incredible using Android Tablet Forum

pvella

Dec 20, 2010
Ok missed what the OP was trying to do. On S7 we have to load a custom wpa_supplicant file from xda developers forum.

Sent from my Ideos S7

johnfrankiej

Jan 3, 2011
so the whole adhoc thing has kinda messed this up for me. I have an iphone (jailbroken) and I was planning on using it to generate a hotspot for the flytouch... seems as though that wont be happening due to the whole adhoc issue.

so does anyone tehter via USB to get a connection?

what are ya'll doing, or are we all simply using whatever free wifi we can find?

thx

I have a HTC Desire (un-rooted), it has hot-spot so I just run wireless through phone when away from home. Works a treat.
It auto connects after I start up hot-spot on phone.

Jan 10, 2011
the hydtech mod this works for me but if I connect to another network that’s infrastructure after the adhoc connection, I can’t reconnect to the adhoc without deleting the wpa_supplicant and reloading the modified one. a real pain.