The One 'Do I Buy This', 'What Do I Buy', 'I'm Looking For' Thread

Andreabg76

Mar 1, 2011
Hi All,
I'm real nwebie to this forum.
I'm looking for a 10 inches tablet for privat use (not professional) and I'd like to have it fully loaded (3G, WiFi, Flash, Cameras, audio devices, SD, USB, good video performances...etc).
At the moment I'm stuck between Motorola Xoom and Samsung Galaxy Tab 10...Galaxy seems to be better equipped but Motorola brand seems more appealing to me....

some suggestions ?
Thanks in advance,
Andrea

skittles123

Feb 28, 2011
hi xaueious
i could totally use your help. i am not sure what i want to buy. i know i commented on a different post. but ugh. ok so what would be my choices for under $170 that has 2.1+ and will allow me to write a paper with a decent app. has a decent touch screen. the abilty to use email and facebook. and maybe youtube. AND i must be able to read PDF! so please help. any advice would be great. i really want the most bang for my buck. and i think with time and patience i could possibly do all the updates and run arounds to get it to do what i want it to do. so i am willing to ask for help.

please!!! and thank you!

anton73

Mar 1, 2011
Looking for a basic travel PMP device

7" screen

Good battery life (4+ hours of video)

should support
- Slingbox App (1.6 or later)
- hopefully Netflix when available

looking to spend under $300

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
To Andreabg76

Just for fun look at specs for new Elocity A10, aprox. $400 loaded, Duo core Tegra, 2 cameras can upgrade to Android 3.0 next month! Has all the items you listed.

Last edited:

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Hi Anton73 , I recently bought a Elocity A7, It has best Duo core 1 ghz. Tegra processor, 512ram, 4 gb internal, additional 32Gb sd card slot & 64 gb with memory usb stick, and Now touchscreen is full Capacitive ability with Smooth video, with latesd update installed Capictive screen works perfectly now, you can pinch it !,Has excellent wifi, I added Maxthon Browser, much better than Google Chrome(Default) Maxthon has forward and back buttons on bottom of screen.

I am able to watch the latest movie video's without waiting for Netflix app , because Amazon Prime just purchased Netflix of Europe, They have a free 30 day trial going right now, Vast library for unlimited viewing ,only $79.00 a year, That's much less than Netflix and Blockbuster! Has HDMI 1080p viewing and full size HDMI output slot so it can be cabled to a Big flat screen for perfect watching, unlimited daily movies from Amazon prime. i paid $299.00 freeshipping from Shopnbc.com , 5 payments of $59.95 . 0 interest! Check it out at Elocitynow.com before you make a decision! I am very satisfied with my purchase, alan PS. My battery with wifi on lasts 4- 5 hours.

anton73

Mar 1, 2011
Hi Anton73 , I recently bought a Elocity A7, It has best Duo core 1 ghz. Tegra processor, 512ram, 4 gb internal, additional 32Gb sd card slot & 64 gb with memory usb stick, and Now touchscreen is full Capacitive ability with Smooth video, with latesd update installed Capictive screen works perfectly now, you can pinch it !,Has excellent wifi, I added Maxthon Browser, much better than Google Chrome(Default) Maxthon has forward and back buttons on bottom of screen.

I am able to watch the latest movie video's without waiting for Netflix app , because Amazon Prime just purchased Netflix of Europe, They have a free 30 day trial going right now, Vast library for unlimited viewing ,only $79.00 a year, That's much less than Netflix and Blockbuster! Has HDMI 1080p viewing and full size HDMI output slot so it can be cabled to a Big flat screen for perfect watching, unlimited daily movies from Amazon prime. i paid $299.00 freeshipping from Shopnbc.com , 5 payments of $59.95 . 0 interest! Check it out at Elocitynow.com before you make a decision! I am very satisfied with my purchase, alan PS. My battery with wifi on lasts 4- 5 hours.

sounds promising, but from what I have read it cannot access the Market. I am pretty sure that is the only way I can get the Slingbox app.

Very good price though, but this code makes it better

New Customers: 15% off 1st purchase
Coupon Code: 8508 (expires 12/31/13)

JDoumo

Feb 1, 2011
B&N store works outside of the US. I've used mine in Saudi Arabia and now in Democratic Republic of the Congo.

Fuganater,

Did you also register your Nook outside the US? On various boards I've read that the B&N onine bookstore can be used/accessed some place outside the US, but that you need to register (the first time you use it) within the US as it checks for a US IP address -- supposedly there are workarounds (proxy, vpn) but I'm not sure how they work. Also read where you should get someone to register the Nook in the US before they ship it you outside the US. However, do not know how much of this is true or the validity of any of the workarounds. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

JDoumo

Fuganater

Staff member
Feb 8, 2011
Fuganater,

Did you also register your Nook outside the US? On various boards I've read that the B&N onine bookstore can be used/accessed some place outside the US, but that you need to register (the first time you use it) within the US as it checks for a US IP address -- supposedly there are workarounds (proxy, vpn) but I'm not sure how they work. Also read where you should get someone to register the Nook in the US before they ship it you outside the US. However, do not know how much of this is true or the validity of any of the workarounds. Do you have any ideas?

Thanks,

JDoumo

I had to factory reset my NC because I messed up the rooting process. This deregisters the device and makes it like brand new. I then reregistired it and rooted again. Worked with no workarounds and no issues.

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
To Anton73

Elocitynow.com says the A7 & A 10 will soon become active phone with the provided sim card slot with some new software. Then as a Android phone it should Get App Market from Google, I have Complete Google App market installed on my A7 , but when I go to install app, it says there is no phone on this account, so when they update software to use sim card slot, you could choose your own provider for phone number.
Here are specs on the $449.00 Version A10 available now on pre order at Tiger Direct. 4Gb. Base unit

CPU NVIDIA® Tegra™ II T‐250, Dual Cortex A9 up to 1GHz, 1MB L2 Cache
Operating System Android™ 2.2 Froyo
Memory 512MB On‐Board Memory, DDR2 667 MHz
Storage 4GB / 16GB / 32GB / 64GB eMMC Module via HSMMC Interface for
System Boot and Storage
LCD Display 10.1‐Inch (1366x768), Wide View
Touch Screen Capacitive True Multi‐Touch Panel
Audio 1 x Built‐in Microphone
2 x 1‐Watt Stereo Speakers and 1 x 3.5mm Stereo Headphone Jack
Communication WLAN – 802.11b/g/n and Bluetooth® 2.1
Camera Front‐Facing 1.3MP CMOS Webcam
Keyboard Software Keyboard
I/O Ports 1 x Standard USB 2.0 Host
1 x HDMI Output for 1080p True HD Viewing
1 x 3.5mm Headphone Out Audio Jack
1 x Micro SD card, Push‐Push Type
1 SIM Card Slot
DC‐in Connector
Sensors 3‐Axis Accelerometer
Ambient Light Sensor (for adjusting LED backlight)
Vibrator
Battery 23W maximum, 2146 Wh rating
Dimensions 10.9” (W) x 7.0” (H) x .5” (D) weight 1.7 lbs.

Last edited:

sheep5161

Feb 28, 2011
I want buy a android tablet pc,but i do not where can i buy for the website?
please give me a suggestion!

SwiftLegend

Aug 24, 2010
1) what you will be using the tablet for. list any features you need, such as g-sensor, gps, bluetooth, Adobe Flash, or any specific apps
2) how much you are willing to spend
3) if you have an idea, what the size of the tablet should be
4) how much you know about Android, or just whether or not you are computer literate
5) Please list your location somewhere. (You should really include it in your profile, by the way)
1) Extension of my Droid. A pretty good CPU and GPU to handle a few games, front/rear cameras (front isnt high on the necessities list) 3G/4G is also optional.
2) Less then $500
3) Can't remember the screen sizes, but Galaxy tab to Xoom :)
4)I flash roms almost everyday. Learning java, and I'm pretty computer literate
5) New York

I'd love to get the Xoom, but I cannot afford $799 of contract, and if I'm going to pay that price I'd rather buy a tablet-laptop. I've heard that the G-tablet isn't bad, and that it can be made into really nice device. Just wondering what you guys have to say about it...

alcassetta

Dec 27, 2010
Sheep 5161 try looking Tigerdirect.com for good variety of Android tablets, go look at Shopnbc.com for great deals, do not buy anything from ***************, I am now waiting 2 months for free placement, they keep BSing me with emails, they lie!

kichigai

Feb 13, 2011
I am currently looking for a tablet between $200-$300 that has android 2.2 pre-installed. Any suggestions?

srmeier

Mar 2, 2011
I want to use the tablet to program. I write in Java with netbeans, C++ with visual express, and PHP, html, etc. with notepad++. Is Android tablet for me? Money isn't a problem, size isn't a problem, I would like some way to upload files from the tablet and/or download files to it. I realize I'm asking a lot from sure a little machine but it would be nice if I could get these features (does the Android come with remote desktop access maybe?)

Thanks

JDoumo

Feb 1, 2011
I had to factory reset my NC because I messed up the rooting process. This deregisters the device and makes it like brand new. I then reregistired it and rooted again. Worked with no workarounds and no issues.

Awesome! Can't wait to get mine and start to play around. Many thanks!

JDoumo

From now on all my posts will be in the Nook forum!!