The One 'Do I Buy This', 'What Do I Buy', 'I'm Looking For' Thread

Jornek

May 24, 2011
Hey guys.

I am looking for a tablet for watching movies and internet browsing. Not too concerned with games as I have an android phone and they work for that, I just don't like watching movies and browsing the internet on it. I have been looking at the nook color, but it is really hard to make a decision. I see the nook color is $250, but then I see the viewsonic G-tab for only $50 more, and it sounds like its better. I am one of those, but its only 50 more for the step up kind of people, and end up buying the top of the line because there was always a better one for just $50 more. Any suggestions of where I can be happy in the 200-300 dollar range?

EDIT: Also, I wanted to add that battery life is important as I travel alot for work and want something to last during long flights. I don't want 3G either.

Last edited:

jdd

May 24, 2011
I recently stumbled across the fact that the Zenithink ZT-180-8-A9 has a 1024x768 resolution, and is less than U$200.

dishe

May 23, 2011
Is this thread even being monitored/responded to anymore?

All I see lately are a bunch of folks posting what they are looking for (some of which seem kind of unrealistic in their expectation, especially when they follow up with a price of $100), and no one responding to them.

I'm looking for some tablet buying advice, and I like the idea of a thread like this to keep it clean and tidy, but it would appear this thread has outlived whatever useful nature it may have once had.

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Is this thread even being monitored/responded to anymore?

All I see lately are a bunch of folks posting what they are looking for (some of which seem kind of unrealistic in their expectation, especially when they follow up with a price of $100), and no one responding to them.

I'm looking for some tablet buying advice, and I like the idea of a thread like this to keep it clean and tidy, but it would appear this thread has outlived whatever useful nature it may have once had.

Thank you for that. I thought at least every other post would get answered, not every 10 lol.

dishe

May 23, 2011
Well, I started a new thread with my request for advice here:
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum/android-tablet-discussions/15767-advice-me.html

Looks like A G-tab might be the most bang-for-my-buck, but I've only gotten one response. A sticky with stores/popular recommended models/etc, would be nice as long as it is kept updated.

As someone who spends time as a moderator on other forums, I feel like that might be too much work to ask of the mods here.

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Well maybe we(as users/staff) should come together and put all the tablets together with links and just make a thread like that.

E.G.
Tablet - LINK WITH THE INFO
Tablet 2 - LINK WITH THE INFO

The tablet name could be the link as well.
That could cut out on all of the questions, you could just look through the list. Sound kind of okay??

garbagecanman

Apr 3, 2011
All you need is like said above a stick with like the top 10 tablet recommendations for 7", 10" etc... based on feature and price and durability blah blah.... But thats too much work for this crappy site. I used to come here but soon found the help to be obsolete and now only check once a month maybe so see what android news has since thats all the moderators post in anyway... Any way good luck with your searching people better get used to google.

moshe5368

Mar 13, 2011
People have so many ways to use tablets today and varying ideas of the ideal tablet. The entire buying process is based on those preconceived ideas. I am always in the market for a better tablet and with current market saturation being what it is, the only reliable method I have found is to use these forums to examine the inputs from other users on their experiences with different tablets. To expect a moderator or forum to give you a definitive answer to the question of which tablet to purchase is to place yourself in the sheep catagory. Better for those folks to just buy an ipad and let Jobs decide what they should have.
I am a retired businessman and use tablets mainly for entertainment and learning. Perhaps I have more free time than most other folks but I put that time to use in these forums.

Sent from my IDEOS S7 using Android Tablet Forum

Ajax

May 21, 2011
Congrats on the retirement.
Well I just wish it would be a little bit different and more helpful. JMO

DroidMonkey

May 25, 2011
I Hope this gets answered, and is posted in the right place! I'm looking for a tab that would be able to allow me to browse the web, watch videos, play music, and do online messaging! Basically a multi media tab for under $200! Any suggestions? Thanks, in advance!

kik149

May 25, 2011
Hi folks ... this is my first post so please be gentle :)
I'm looking for a tablet with a "real" USB (so i can upload photos from my camera), access my yahoo mail account, transfer books from my Nook - additional wishes would be a user changeable battery and gps - and of course Internet access is a given!
I was hoping the Toshiba tablet would be released by now but have heard it's now delayed until end of summer - i want it before then.
thanks,
Kiki149