There are no Android devices associated with this account?

dj.truth

Jul 11, 2011
go to http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?ie=UTF8&node=2350149011 (create amazon account if you dont have one) on the top left there is a spot to enter a mobile # or email. Enter the email address that comes to your tablet (use the same email when setting up amazon acct.) An email will be sent to load the amazon app store APP on your tablet. follow the directions. NOTE: make sure in settings, applications, that the unknown sources is checked.

steve.b

Sep 2, 2011
Hi,
I have a the same problem but with a difference...this being that I WAS able to use Android Market until about a week ago.
Also I have tried the log out log in procedure, no difference and as for the procedure below, I can't get any further than Account Settings and there is no mobile number to verify. I have a MID 703.
1) Log in to gmail account
2) Go to Account Settings
3) Click on Profile and Privacy
4) Click "Sign in to Dashboard"
5) Once signed into the dashboard click on "Manage Mobile devices" under the Calender section
6) Verify your mobile number
7) Go to market.android.com
8) Go to My Market Account
9) Click on the settings tab and your device should be listed.

Any ideas please?
Steve

walbanos

Dec 26, 2011
Ok, for tablet users the issue is probably the make of your tablet.

The Android Market only supports the big name brand tablets. If you've picked up one of the generic brands (the ones I saw a lot of in the holiday sale papers this year were Coby and Pandigital) the Android Market will not recognize your device because it doesnt support it to begin with.

You can click here to check, list of all the phones and tablets supported by Android.
https://support.google.com/androidmarket/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=1727131

I have seen some youtube videos on how to work around this but havn't really given them a shot, involves a few steps and 3rd party app downloads that I've not felt like messing with.

Like's been stated your best option is other 3rd party app stores.
Appslib is the one that seems to be the default installed on a lot of the tablets however this service is down for the holidays and if you look up info it seems they are down for maintenance far more often than they are up. Just a very very poorly supported market place. Ive yet to try and go there and them not be down so no idea what the application selection is like.
Slideme is ok, you're not gonna find any of the popular apps there and the over-all selection is pretty weak.
Android Pit is similar to Slideme, you can't get any of the big apps but will be full of the knock-offs (angry piggies anyone?)

Your best bet is the amazon app market. just search it on your phone and you'll find it (though a little bit annoying to download. you gotta enter your email then it sends you an email with a link to the app. so have email set up on your tablet or you'll need to save it to your PC and then transfer over).
Amazon has all the good pay apps, angry birds and such. It still lacks on the some of the big name utilities and sponsored stuff - like i'm a sports fan and there is an NFL app and a lot of the teams have official apps that are free and exclusive to the android marketplace. Facebook is another app you can not get anywhere but the android market.

What you can do with a some apps you may find on the android market that you like is just punch into your favorite search engine "app-name.apk" and often times you'll find it available to download straight to your PC and then you can just pop it over via usb/sd card. Have only had success maybe half the time with this though. Usually just find reviews that link back to android market or to developer page who, again, will just link you to the android market.

It's a giant pain in the butt and as open source and developer friendly as Android is it would be nice if they would be more open about how they only allow a select few of the big brands to have access to their software and put a large amount of effort into keeping it that way. And similarly, should require that any generic brand advertise such things, that their device, while it operates on the Android OS, is not supported by Android and therefor does not share the same application capabilities without some ridiculously tedious circumventing around built in walls and blocks.

Last edited:

MamaBear

Dec 26, 2011
Will this work if i only have an Android tablet? I've read that I could install Android market w/o needing
to root it...it hasn't worked yet & I don't want to root...just be able to find a lot of good educational apps
to help in homeschooling child w/some special needs. I've already done getjar & most were too old or too
young for her...got everything else there. Went to another rec.site but a lot of apps there didn't DL or
work once they were installed. HELP a newbie, please.

jbollinger

Feb 22, 2012
Just recently i bought the MID 2.2 Android tablet and was really getting ticked and was gonna throw it I couldnt use APP market , well I broke down after a week of fighting with it I called the company and they walked me thru a setting now I can download all apps from the market ! call this number and they will have u fixed in seconds 607-257-7279 this is where i bought mine and they dont ask where u bought it either :)

yudhaae

Feb 13, 2012
These steps worked for me after hours of searching and trying different methods:

5) Once signed into the dashboard click on "Manage Mobile devices" under the Calender section

Nice information for share...thanks

Robert Naramore

Sep 17, 2014
These steps worked for me after hours of searching and trying different methods:

Tablets like my Ematic eglide2 does not have a phone number.