Thumb keyboard and autocorrect on androidtablets.net

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
Hey gang, here's a personal one. When I post on androidtablets.net the autocorrect doesn't work using my thumb keyboard which makes posting a major pain. Does anyone know why? It works fine everywhere else, email, notes, etc.

Thanks

ChiTriGuy

Apr 27, 2011
I'm talking about the thumb keyboard made by Beansoft, available in the Market. Has anyone else who is using this and has posted here noticed the autocorrect (and autocomplete) feature not working?

omnisvalidus

May 9, 2011
I've just tested it with this post and it doesn't work for me either. I have noticed it not work on a few other sites as well. It might be worthwhile contacting the developer.

Jun 29, 2011
I have the same problem on several sites via the stock browser, Dolphin browser, maxthon browser and also with swype keyboard, which is actually worse than Thumb at correcting. Everything thing non browser related works perfectly on both keyboards.
I use tapatalk where/when possible

Support Our Troops!!!
This post was Tapatalk approved
Sent from this Galaxy

Icebike

Apr 28, 2011
I have the same problem on several sites via the stock browser, Dolphin browser, maxthon browser and also with swype keyboard, which is actually worse than Thumb at correcting. Everything thing non browser related works perfectly on both keyboards.

According to the Swiftkey etch support site, they, and most keyboards, suppress auto-correction and suggested words on sites where there is something in the web page that suggest it has its own spelling correction or where it will actively interact as you type (such as google's predictions that happen in URLs and search terms.)

If they didn't you could end up with dueling corrections or dueling predictors.

Everybody was complaining about that. They may fix it.

By the way, if you like a thumb keyboard for tables the Swiftkey X Tablet keyboard, still in closed beta, is awesome. It should hit the market soon. See This post.

$swiftkey-tablet2.jpg

Raven312

Mar 28, 2011
Swiftkey is great! I got it when it was free on Amazon; would have paid for it, knowing what I know now. The best features of all the popular keyboards rolled into one...

RJazz117

Jun 19, 2011
Thumb Keyboard is great, but I haven't been paying attention to AutoCorrect.

I'll keep my eyes peeled for typos now.

RJazz117

Sent from my Sylvania 10" Magni Tablet using Android Tablet Forum.