Which on screen keyboard do you prefer for your Archos?

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
I have an Archos 70 and I have started using it to type a lot more and I have found the lack of features on the standard keyboard pretty limited especially when I compare it to my HTC Desire HD Keyboard which does a really good job of making suggestions etc. As far as I can see there are not even dictionary suggestions on the standard Archos keyboard so I started looking....

I currently have
Keyboard from Android 2.3 by Steven Lin installed.
Its much better but very ugly and I seem to get a lot of spurious .......

Keyboard from Android 2.3+ by Steven Lin looks like it may have better keyboard styles has anyone tried it?

Anybody used any of these and have a comment
  • Thumb Keyboard from Beansoft
  • Better Keyboard 7 from Better Andriod
  • Better Keyboard 8 from Better Andriod
  • Big Buttons Keyboard Deluxe from Chicago Logic
  • SlideIT Keyboard from Dasur
  • Fat Fingers Keyboard from Brennan Labs

Bilgediver

Dec 3, 2010
I currently use the gingerbread keyboard ripped by I don't remember,lol.

Sent from my A70H using Android Tablet Forum

Swould333

Aug 5, 2010
I have thumb keyboard installed and its GREAT!!! i love the split style in landscape beacuse it allows you to thumb type while holding the tablet in each hand... use it on both my A101 and my Gtab... gives you PLENTY of formating and skinning options, you can set different keyboard styles for poirtrait and landscape you can even adjust how much screen space they take up... and with the last update they did, it enabled the use of speech to text... it stays as my default tablet keyboard....

ohh and it has different style layouts for both 10in and 7 in tablets...

10 till 4

Apr 12, 2011
i have better keyboard for my phone and i love it, ill will probably get it on my tablet when i get it

CarsnGadgets

Dec 6, 2010
I use SwiftKey, its prediction and features are excellent, they are also close to releasing a tablet version that looks amazing.
Its by far the best keyboard I have tried on either my archos 101 or my htc desire.

rc211e

Oct 23, 2010
Thanks for all the responses.

So many choices I keep changing my mind.

Currently using Better Keyboard 8 which is pretty good but I miss the arrow keys.

Gingerbread keyboard is similar but noisier

Sent from my A70S using Tapatalk

kat3k

Apr 15, 2011
I have used SwiftKey on my phone for a long time, after trying everything else, and love it. But I just bought Thumb Key from the Amazon app store, and like it even much better for my Archos 101. I think the split keyboard is really essential for tablet typing. So for me, it's SwiftKey on the phone and ThumbKey on the tablet.

C

chiasticslide

I use Swype on my phone, but after trying Swype, Swiftkey, Better Keyboard, and Thumb Keyboard on the 70, I settled on Thumb Keyboard all the way. By far the best experience.

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
I used Swype on my Archos 5 and my phone, but find Thumb a better choice for the 101, Which is a bigger screen, go figure.

Ankst

Jun 22, 2011
Thumb Keyboard all the way. Swiftkey is on all of my phones, but lacked in the tablet department.

ja2038

Dec 15, 2010
I picked up Flex T9 which is a combination of a language dictation plus swype like keyboard. With all due respect to Swype, the Flex T9 keyboard does swyping very very well, and the natural language dictation is uncannily accurate.

So accurate, I actually spent $50 earlier this week to get the PC version of dragon dictate.