[TIPS] How to make your KYROS 7022 better!

scottie73

Dec 31, 2011
i struggled with esfile explorer so i installed antek file manager(root) and found it much easier to delete phone and telephony apk's..:eek:

Wmccjeep

Dec 28, 2011
In ES File Explorer go into the settings and check the box that says "Root Explorer". When you do it will tell you that you have to "mount the drive as writeable. Just check the next box down and you are all set. Navigate in ES File Explorer to the system folder and then the app folder. In that folder u will find the "phone.apk" and "telephony.apk" Just change the apk to old and that will stop the cell phone from drawing on the battery.

Thank you! I really didn't know what to do! Any advice on titanium backup and getting rid of the telephone and dialer?

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Tablet Forum

Wmccjeep

Dec 28, 2011
Nvm! Es file explorer uninstalled them after your help! Thank you!

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Tablet Forum

overdone

Mar 2, 2012
I am having a problem with my tablet that I have noticed others are having also. I hope you can help.
Here are the tablet specs for my Coby Kyros 7022 –
Model number: MID7022
Android version: 2.3.3
Kernel version: 2.6.35.7
Build number: MID7022 20110527
I want to state now that everything else is working fine. I have been very satisfied. I just recently bought a 7” case with an attached keyboard. The keyboard already has an inline cable with a male USB end. My Coby 7022 does not come with a USB port, only a mini USB. I purchased an OTG double female connector to connect the keyboard and the USB adapter cord that came with the Kyros (male A USB on one end & male mini USB on the other end). When I plugged it in the Kyros did not recognize the keyboard.
I tested the keyboard by attaching it to my desktop and it worked fine. Therefore, I concluded that the Kyros was not recognizing it. By searching online I found suggestions that indicated the system USB default is “device”. It looks as if I need to switch the USB default to “host” so it will recognize that I am using an external keyboard through my female connector. I have no advanced option under settings and can’t change the USB settings. Here are my questions:
  • Is there a way to change the system default for the mini USB port?
  • Is there an app to do this?
  • Is there an update for the 7022 model that will allow me to change the setting which I understand is available on the 7024?
Any help will be appreciated.