[Tool] The best tool ever----IDEOS S7 Toolbox released!

glpro

Jan 7, 2012
thanks but error in extraction.... reupload please

NONONO!!! OK extraction with Universal extractor.... THANKS!!!!!!

Attachments

• $error.JPG
    $error.JPG
    27.2 KB · Views: 1,157
Last edited:

tavinus

Mar 13, 2012
Can someone reupload this toolbox to a sharing service that actually works these days? :)
Thx a lot.

While googling for the file I found this one >>
Get S7_Toolbox_mirror.zip on Wupload.com

This seems to be exactly the same as the original one, which gives an error upon extraction. As some people pointed here, UNIVERSAL EXTRACTOR can extract the package (while ignoring the files with errors).

From a 7-zip test, the files corrupted are:
Toolbox\data\recovery.img (File broken, no recovery mode for us)
Toolbox\data\su
(Unsupported compression method)
Toolbox\data\unl
Toolbox\data\usb_driver
Toolbox\data\usb_driver\amd64 (Unsupported compression method)
Toolbox\data\usb_driver\amd64\amd64 (Unsupported compression method)
Toolbox\data\usb_driver\amd64\WdfCoInstaller01007.dll (Unsupported compression method)

Universal Extractor says:
inflating: S7 Toolbox/data/recovery.img
error: invalid compressed data to inflate
file #44: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81492588
file #45: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81499165
file #46: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81499236
file #47: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81499293
file #48: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81499356
file #49: bad zipfile offset (local header sig): 81499425

Some of the x64 drivers may be among the faulty ones. I have installed the drivers and the Hi-Suite from the CD image that pops from my S7 Slim when it is connected to my PC (actually I installed that on top of the one that comes with the package and got better results). I was using Win7 x64 Ultimate.

I have uploaded a Repack version (just extracted using universal extractor and zipped again). You can get it here:
S7 Toolbox Repack.zip

I may update the package with my drivers and upload again later if anyone thinks that is useful. But I could not find the recovery.img file for the S7 Slim (read many times that the .img for the S7 -not Slim- does not work, so I did not try that one). Also, I could not download it from the original creator's website (but it seems like his file is identical to this one -which means I would get the same errors on extraction-)

I have rooted my S7 Slim using SuperOneClick2.1.1-ShortFuse from: SuperOneClick | shortfuse.org and it was fast and easy (really one click). BTW, gingerBreak did not work for me. Also, remember you need to have USB Debug mode on at your S7 Slim (Settings -> Applications -> Development -> USB debugging). I don't know if the rooting function works from the Toolbox.

I guess that is all for now, if anyone need the drivers, let me know, I may upload just them as well (so I don't have to place/test them inside the ToolBox).

This is my way of giving something back for this forum. The information from here helped me a lot (this is my first post here!)
If anyone have a recovery.img file that works for the S7 Slim please let me know and send it to me!

Cheers!
Tav

tavinus

Mar 13, 2012
Sorry for double posting but I still can not edit my previous post (I don't have permissions).

I just wanted to say that this toolbox was THE ONLY WAY I found to backup my ROM. I tried many other things (APKs and PC) and the only way I could extract the data from my S7 Slim was with this Toolbox. You install yaffsExpert APK from the toolbox and then run it on your device to backup what you want. Then you may go back to the Toolbox and transfer it from the SD to the BKP folder. The Toolbox can also restore those saved images.

Cheers!
Tav

Mods: Make me free please? LOL ;) I am free now but my previous post is nowhere to be found :( It was quite big and nice and with links and I did not save a copy...

Last edited:

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Mods: Make me free please? LOL ;) I am free now but my previous post is nowhere to be found :( It was quite big and nice and with links and I did not save a copy...

Don't cry Tav, the post is there now.:eek: The forum software moderated it until someone could check out the "suspicious" links and OK it which I just did. I'll also delete your last post for you. As you pointed out, it's now redundant. BTW The moderation is sometimes inconvenient, but better than not having it. Just yesterday, I had to wast 20 minutes restoring my hard drive from a disk image when one of those "suspicious" links posted by a no longer member of the forum totally destroyed it.:cool:

tavinus

Mar 13, 2012
Don't cry Tav, the post is there now.:eek: The forum software moderated it until someone could check out the "suspicious" links and OK it which I just did. I'll also delete your last post for you. As you pointed out, it's now redundant. BTW The moderation is sometimes inconvenient, but better than not having it. Just yesterday, I had to wast 20 minutes restoring my hard drive from a disk image when one of those "suspicious" links posted by a no longer member of the forum totally destroyed it.:cool:

Hahahah .. not crying, not crying... No worries mate, thanks for letting it through and for deleting the last post. I was just unsure if it was really waiting for moderation or if did not go at all. I spent a few hours on that post so I guess I was a bit frustrated (it was also almost 4am already, I was tired). I was thinking about creating a "user-guide" topic for the S7-slim and gather all the information I have been collecting since I got mine. There is a bunch of stuff that is hard to find and other things that just don't work. Some tricky (AND IMPORTANT) stuff like editing the bluetooth script before installing a custom launcher is hard to find at first (an S7 would get a semi-brick if that is not edited before installing it).

I am new to the Android world so I have been reading like a maniac recently. Unfortunately the S7 Slim does not run anything over 2.2.2 which means that I will be stuck with that version while using this device.

Cheers!
Tav

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Glad I could help Tav, I could see you had put a lot of work into that post. It's nice to see members helping out like that, it's what makes the forum work as well as it does. BTW Welcome to the forum, glad you decided to join.:cool:

beenhow

Sep 29, 2011
With so many hard works by our coder, we developed a multifunction Mod toolbox for Huawei IDEOS S7.

It has the following features:

1 provide basic operations like drivers intallation, reboot, reboot into recovery, reboot into fastboot.

2 provide senior functions like onekey root, onekey apk installation and system backup and restoration.

3 provide prime functions like onekey font change, boot animation change, first and second boot logo change, img modification, ODEX modification.

If you are interested, please contact me or you can donate my site: Geeksu.

My paypal:[email protected]

Last edited:

Music

Feb 5, 2011
Does this toolbox allow you to assign a different TTS voice to each application that uses one? I like a British voice for navigation, and an American one to announce time or speech from books.

sevo1984

Sep 29, 2012
My friend bearjay from Geeksu.info did a great job on making a toolbox for S7 and S7 slim. And i translated it into English edition for worldwide users.

This toolbox is awesome! It provides you a lot of powerful tools such as flashing roms or backup your roms. It even can change the fonts or animations in your device with only one key operation.

It made simple instructions on the first page so even you are a newbie you can use it freely.

If you are interested, please visit: Geeksu.info . This is a great site for S7 users.

snapshots:

View attachment 5180

Does anyone know is it possible to download latest release of Huawei s7 versatile toolkit?
I found info that new version was released from:
http://www.geeksu.info/post/2012/05/21/最新版华为S7多功能工具包放出!.aspx
but tryng to download it from geeksu.info is just impossible.
Many thanks, G