Totally Flummoxed by Tablet Behaviour

OctoCrone

Aug 28, 2013
I bought an Equinox 2/Android 10.1'' tablet two weeks ago (because I could afford the price and because, being visually handicapped, I need a big print. I bought it to read and contrary to an eReader, I do not have to constantly slide to and fro to have a complete sentence. Yesterday, when I ''closed'' my book, the tablet did not do the proper closing sequence. Today, the tablet only goes as far as showing 1) the Equinox logo; 2) the Android word; 3) the lock. When I drag the log to the left to open, it very briefly shows small icons in a circle : a book, a home, and a small lock. It does not matter which one I tap, the screen goes black. I am not at all compuyer-eReader-cellphone-tablet smart. OctoCrone means I am an 80-year old woman. If somebody can help, please, go easy with technical lingo.

tpaine

Aug 18, 2012
Have you tried to reset the tablet ? Warning, this will erase all data.

If the tablet fits your needs, and you cant fix it, just get it replaced, it should still be under warranty. Good luck.

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi OctoCrone, congratulations on your new Equinox 2 and welcome to the forum. Unfortunately, there isn't a forum specifically for your tablet. If/when you have a problem or a question, the Android Tablet Q&A section would be the place to go. I'm moving this thread there for you, where more people are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

RovingDutchy

May 6, 2013
Have you tried recharging the device as a tablet needs to be recharged frequently,maybe after just 6 hours of use, unlike an E Reader if it is an E INk device, can go weeks between charges.
Cheers
David