Touch Screen LCD Replacement - Where can I have it repaired in the Philippines?

gamay

Feb 4, 2011
I accidentally dropped my tablet. The screen is full of cracks. It turns on, loads up but the the touch screen doesn't respond. I have an Android 1.6. Can I still have it fixed here in Manila, Philippines? And any ideas on how much it will cost? Thanks!

biboy24

Feb 5, 2011
I accidentally dropped my tablet. The screen is full of cracks. It turns on, loads up but the the touch screen doesn't respond. I have an Android 1.6. Can I still have it fixed here in Manila, Philippines? And any ideas on how much it will cost? Thanks!

Greenhills :) You can also try St. Francis if you live near Pasig or Mandaluyong. My friend said there are also people who repair in Baclaran, although I wouldn't exactly go there if I were you:) Your best bet would be greenhills. If you live in QC you can also drop by Gilmore but I'm not sure if there are even people who sell these kind of tablets there. Also, I read a seller from sulit who knows a repairshop, just can't find it anymore. :)

IsysM

Feb 15, 2011
same thing happened to me. It slid off the couch and the screen broke. Sucks because it doesnt look like if its the outside screen, its the one inside. It starts up and shuts down just the same. I simply cant use it because the touch feature isnt working. I'm from Trinidad (Caribbean) So any directions would be appreciated. Infact, i just rather sell it.

starchild292

May 11, 2011
I live in eastern ky and so far haven't found anyone local that is able to fix my android 2.2
if anyone knows anywhere in WV or Ohio please let me know

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
In most cases, find an independent phone repair place, and bring it in. There is nothing inherently different about the Android touchscreen, they may be able to order a part. I have found a lot of times that if you ask over the phone they simply say no because they don't know what you mean when you say "my tablet" broke. Tell them it is basically a big touch screen phone.

netscaven

Jan 19, 2012
Greetings All.

I look forward to sharing in the wealth of knowledge you all have to offer.

My Tablet: 7" VIA Apad 8650 Green LED, Black mic jack. Upgraded using Uberoid

Here's my question: This tablet is from china, and I dropped it a few days back causing the screen to crack which disabled the touch screen. I disassembled it, removing the touch screen and see the following part number on the screen: AP580CA-A2. I have looked around everywhere but cannot seem to find the exact screen with part number. How specific are the screens in terms of replacement? Would I be able to use another 7" screen that also has 4 wires? Where could I find this screen part, or similar, online?

Thanks for your help

Dab2012

Jul 17, 2012
I live in Orlando, Florida and my two month old Asus transformer tablet sustained a big crack across the glass screen, and as others said, the touch screen is not working. Is there somewhere in or near Oland where I can get it fixed? Is it easy to be repaired?

Last edited: