touch screen not working Andriod

cfishman

Dec 23, 2010
My daughter got an android for x-mas. I believe she was cleaning/wiping the screen and now the touch screen does not work. Browser icon has orange halo around the earth. When in de bugging has a 3 in red oval upper right corner. The time keeps current and the screen stays orientated to how you rotate the device, so its not "locked up". Airplane mode shows on - if that matters. Could the touch screen be in a lock out mode?

tae254

Dec 20, 2010
Have you tried to factory reset the device.

Does she have Launcher Pro installed?

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
you can try to connect a mouse and go to settings with that
then you can either calibrate or factory reset.
(Launcher Pro is a Android UI)

cfishman

Dec 23, 2010
plugged mouse into it - nothing.
Trying to download software so my pc can get into the andriod.
Not sure waht model it is. Has a silver back.

on my pc recognized as android eclair

Last edited:

cfishman

Dec 23, 2010
Well, ive got the device to go to safe mode. Now a window has popped up on the screen - "Activity Launcherpro (in application Launcherpro) is not responding." Gives two options - Force close or Wait. Of course, with the touch screen not working, I cannot select any of the two options.
Thought - When the andriod "locked up" we were coming into Best Buy. She had a few apps already downloaded. This is a 4gb machine. Do you think if I put some extra memory into the sd slot it might "free"up the device. Is the device overwealmed?

New development. Downloaded PDAnet on PC. When device connected to USB, the red circle with a three now has a four. When I disconnect the USB, the number goes to a 2, then disapears and a underlined check-mark appears.

Last edited:

Loonix

Nov 18, 2010
Hi cfishman
Sounds like your pad constantly thinks it is pressed.
Maybe it is just a temporary short that you can solfe with a cautious soft 'smack' to the side of the pad but that might also just make it worse.
There must be a constant signal from the touch since you cant use a mouse.

The red (4) or (2) is a notification that the taskbar has 4 or 2 more notifications that do not have room in the current taskbar.
Pulling the taskbar down would show them if you could use the touch =(
the two additional notifications are probably that you have connected a USB cable and that a ADB connection is opened.
What the other two notifications are i cant say, sorry.

cfishman

Dec 23, 2010
Loonix, Good information and suggestions. The pad still goes to "sleep" after approx 5 min of no use. Does that make any sense?