Transfer word file to Android tablet

asye288

Jan 2, 2012
I got Asus Transformer with usb conncetion. I did copy a Microsoft word file from my pc onto a usb memory stick. I cannot open or access the word file from my tablet. Can anyone help?? Thanks.

Tom T

Feb 18, 2011
Might need a little more info, did you try Polaris Office that comes installed on he Transformer?

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Android Tablet Forum

pbrauer

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 24, 2010
there are other apps too....but there is nothing Native to the Android system for this.

jgumphress

Sep 6, 2011
You will probably need an app manager like Astro. It's free on the Market and on Amazon app store. Works great for moving files around.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
To access the USB drive you will need to open any file manager. Using the one that comes on the TF after you open it tap the back arrow in the top left corner next to the /sdcard/ listing.
Next open the "Removable" directory and you should see a USBdisk1 or USBdisk2 directory. Open this and then open the file in your editor of choice.

Note: the USB drive must be plugged into the keyboard dock or to the USB adapter a d not to the charging cable with a female to female gender changer.

asye288

Jan 2, 2012
Sorry, I haven't installed my Polaris Office yet but I will try tonight. If I got the software installed, it will work as if on a laptop?? the usb drive will be auto detected??

Anyway thanks a lot.

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Sorry, I haven't installed my Polaris Office yet but I will try tonight. If I got the software installed, it will work as if on a laptop?? the usb drive will be auto detected??

Anyway thanks a lot.

Polaris should be pre-installed on your device.

It should auto detect the USB drive when you plug it in as long as it is formatted for FAT32 or NTFS