Transferring MP3 Files From Tablet to iPod Touch

Kourtaniyah

Feb 26, 2013
I just got a new iPod touch and I want to transfer music from my tablet onto the iPod. I don't have a computer/PC so I can't just use iTunes. Are there any apps I can download to do this? PLEEEEASE HELP ME.

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
I would have thought almost everything today has a USB port. So why cannot you copy all the MP3s onto a Flash drive then to the iPod?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
I do not know at present if this is still the case, but historically, Apple music devices required iTunes because the MP3 files transferred to the device were re-encoded with Fairplay DRM so they could not be used on another device. To this day, Apple devices all require iTunes because the file transfer protocol Apple uses is proprietary. It's neither MTP (Media Transfer Protocol) nor is it MSC (Mass Storage Class).

Without any of the following, there's no way to get music on the device.
1. Windows PC with iTunes
2. Apple PC
3. Windows tablets such as the Surface. Tablets running Windows RT are not sufficient.

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
A 'naughty' trick I have used to overcome any restrictions is to first open up a Sound Editor like Goldwave and click Record before you start playing any music etc. Thus making a MP3 etc. You may need to first run a short test to get your sound levels correct. Beware you are not making an inferior recording using an active Mic instead of the internal line feed.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
You're referring to the analog hole, and that is one way to bypass restrictions. A better solution is to not buy iCrap in the first place.

Sigord

Aug 8, 2015
Forgive my ignorance never having used an Ipod etc. and happy to either use the MP3 players provided with the Android or Windows or my own programs such as a random tune selector. But cannot any of the many ITunes Apps from Google Play Centre solve you problem?

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
He needs iTunes, and there's no getting around that. Since Apple's music transfer is proprietary, the one app that would appear to work doesn't allow the user to transfer music.

FYI, searching the play store reveals a few music players, some apps to sync iTunes libraries to Android, and the previously mentioned app that doesn't allow music transfers. Total number of apps? About a half dozen.

surya kumar

Jan 7, 2016
I've faced this problem I don't have Internet, just needed some files&images to transfer from ipad to mobile I used share it also but it won't work.