Trouble applying updates

Aug 8, 2010
I am trying to apply the screen calibration update from Augen's website and having some problems. My PC OS is Win7 Ultimate X64. When I plug the Gen into my PC, my PC recognized it right away. Could this be due to the fact I used my PC to root my Droid Incredible???? Anyway, going through the instructions provided by Augen, when I hold the back button on the rear of the unit and press the reset, the screen shuts off while continuing to hold the back button. That's where everything stops. The screen stays black. What am I doing wrong????? Are my Droid Inc's drivers the same for the Gen???

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
If the drivers don't work for you there is workaround it that I found works for me with my Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. I was able to apply the patch without issues on the 64-bit OS. Make sure you have Device Manager (Android) - Android ADB Phone Interface x64 for Windows 7

Aug 8, 2010
I used my PC to root my phone and used it to set up USB tethering. I try to manually update drivers and Win says best drivers are already installed.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Don't re-install the drivers once you install them. Just copy that OS folder and put it into C:\os then run Update.bat. Press ~ button on GT78 then press once the reset pin hole on the back to reboot the device so it can be detected ROM flash tool. You need to keep hold the ~ button on the GT78 until the prompt screen starts ROM Flash process.

jaestoner01

Sep 11, 2010
I keep holding the buttombut nothing happens .. I've held it for like 45 mnts
i'm running vista 32bits any help ..? can i do all this through adb thanks guys ..

Don't re-install the drivers once you install them. Just copy that OS folder and put it into C:\os then run Update.bat. Press ~ button on GT78 then press once the reset pin hole on the back to reboot the device so it can be detected ROM flash tool. You need to keep hold the ~ button on the GT78 until the prompt screen starts ROM Flash process.

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
f nothing happens then there is an issue with the driver?
These are not from AuGen but it works. There is a program also but I disable that using IOBIT Advanced System Care Free | Pro [Startup Manager].
Just use the USB driver that only shows in the Device Manager when you connect your Gentouch to the PC.

USB Drivers 32-bit for Windows XP/Vista/7
USB Drivers 64-bit for Windows XP/Vista/7

44532_426490237948_579882948_5038749_2599616_n.jpg

Last edited:

jaestoner01

Sep 11, 2010
My cdm can read it.. got as Farad getting a new recovery img but was never able to due the update like in ur other post even after watching ur YouTube video

f nothing happens then there is an issue with the driver?
These are not from AuGen but it works. There is a program also but I disable that using IOBIT Advanced System Care Free | Pro [Startup Manager].
Just use the USB driver that only shows in the Device Manager when you connect your Gentouch to the PC.

USB Drivers 32-bit for Windows XP/Vista/7
USB Drivers 64-bit for Windows XP/Vista/7

44532_426490237948_579882948_5038749_2599616_n.jpg

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Okay when you connect the Gentouch78 does it make a connection with system using the above drivers? If not then it could be issue with Vista. You have applied all Windows Updates on your system correct?

jaestoner01

Sep 11, 2010
Yes it does ..is there anyway I can do it the adb :confused:

[QUOTE=tipstir;7089]Okay when you connect the Gentouch78 does it make a connection with system using the above drivers? If not then it could be issue with Vista. You have applied all Windows Updates on your system correct?[/QUOTE]

tipstir

Developer
Aug 4, 2010
Can you go into My Computer and see the Gentouch78? Are you using microSDHC card?