trying to play on pogo

wasyk469

Dec 25, 2011
i have xoom,i played on xoom at best buy before my husband it i played on pogo there i need something to play my games i need java where do i find it plz let me know asap KAy

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
While Android is a Linux built on Java. You cannot think of your Tablet like a PC. You cannot go to a site that does not support Android or unless they offer a special app for Android. That is why YouTube, and apps like Hulu work. You can use their App to view the site. But why you cannot play some games on Facebook or Pogo or many other Java/Javascript based sites.

Sorry

Frederuco

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jul 6, 2011
Agreed. Java is not supported by Android, so Pogo.com games do not work.

If they are flash based, you can use them. I play youtube videos in a browser with flash as I prefer this to the YouTube app. Many Facebook games will load with the flash in the browser, but they are too CPU intensive and are quite unplayable on a tablet.

Also, M$ Silverlight is not supported on android, so you need the Netflix app to play Netflix.

A workaround that can help you - if you have a PC you can use to remote into (using Splashtop, Remote Desktop Client or GoToMyPC) you can play the games on your computer from your tablet. Using a Bluetooth Mouse you can even get mouse support (but keep in mind the right click will be a back button, not a right click)

gurgle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 6, 2010
You know reading this reminded me of how an IPad played/plays YouTube. It is a redirected emulator and is not rendered locally.

A workaround that can help you - if you have a PC you can use to remote into (using Splashtop, Remote Desktop Client or GoToMyPC) you can play the games on your computer from your tablet. Using a Bluetooth Mouse you can even get mouse support (but keep in mind the right click will be a back button, not a right click)