Trying to upgrade Firmware, but cannot identify which Apad Irobot androidevice i got?

abhinavgujjar

Sep 6, 2010
Folks - this is probably a really stupid question, but what do you mean by Red LED charging light. Is this the one one the charger / adapter or somewhere on the tablet?

On the tablet, i can see a very faint red glow in the pin hole below the volume control. Is this what is being referred to ?

new2city

Aug 31, 2010
Hi guys, another newbie to the apad world here. But I have a bit of experience in reviving my apad already(stuck at android startup after 1 week usage), although I still do not dare to flash a firmware but it seems that my apad is a batch1(no camera) and red led. BTW, abhinavgujjar, I think the LED that is referred to is the LED indicator below the round power on button on the tablet.

BTW, Xaueious, I just download an app from your server, thanks a million, although I wish you could point me to a batch 1 firmware. My apad is quite stable, only issues are some games, youtube and so on can't use the whole screen(eg robo defense only uses the top half of the screen) and the accelerator is offset...

martinplaza

Aug 28, 2010
I have an aPad stuck on flashing android as well. How did you get passed that - have tried flashing but it never completes.

willcom

Sep 28, 2010
Hi,

I got the same specs, did you get an upgrade jet?
Do you know what firmware + bootloader?

Thx

I hope you guys can help me, i heard good things about android tablets so I bought one online from irobotgroup.com

After reading more on apad, looks like i need to upgrade firmware so the device can function and perform better, but I don't know which upgrading files I should use becuase I cannot convincingly confirm which apad irobot device i have.

Here is the settings information on my device:

Model number: sdkDemo

Fireware version: 1.5

Kernel version : 2.6.25 rockchip version 1.7.4 (yuxing)

Build Number: RK-1.3.2.eng.root.20100612.025602

Thanks in advance for your help.

userman

Oct 25, 2010
Hello,

I'd like to upgrade my Android 1.6 aPad if I could, but I don't know where to read the settings information... Can you help me, please ?

(I can surf internet -except apps market : "connection not available" though I'm connected by an ethernet cable- and I can't install most of my applications...I'm in Europe, so could it be a compatibility issue with the chinese version of android?)

Thanks

Last edited:

stormro

Dec 4, 2010
Hi there
I got from ebay a apad iRobot and it has a prob every time when i connect the wireless it keep restarting (if i do a factory reset..will work for a while but when i'm connecting the gmail account it start to reset again), i think a upgrade of firmware or a restore will fix the prob, can someone help me?
My version is:
9v
red LED on charger
and a silver plastic case

About device:

model nu. generic
firmware v. 1.6
kernel v. 2.6.29-00236-g4f8dbbb-dirty
buld nom. 1.7.3

thank you in advance.

goldshirt9

Nov 4, 2010
i'd return the tablet to the owner.
if the upgrade doesn't work then what. possibly void your warranty
return and buy another

shopkins

Jul 25, 2012
hi i am a newbee here today is my first day,
I have a 7 " Irobot apad,
running android 1.5
machine is SDK Demo
kernal is 2.6.25
rockchip 1.2.7
Build RK1.3.2.eng.root.20100706.141140
Metal case
Red charge light single front facing camara

I would lilke to upgrade to a later release of android, what version should or can i up grade to and can any one point me to a link with the software and instructions on how to go about it.

many thanks in advance . . . SHopkins