[TUT] How to dissemble the flytouch 2

qpr1991

Jan 23, 2011
How to dissemble the flytouch 2

Now im going to show you how to take apart your flytouch 2. Now reasons for doing this are. Some flytouch 2 are shipped with faults like it dosent even switch on or the camera dosent work or gps dosent work and the most common reason these dont work is because its not plugged in inside, so its a simple fix.

Step 1: If you look on both of the long edges you will see to little screw covers that look like buttons. There are 4 in total.

73465281.jpg

Step 2: Get some sort of rubber or plastic flat edge, i used a flat head screwdriver with electrical tape round it. Do not just use a screwdriver the paint scratches easy, i found out the hard way and pop the covers off.

Step 3: Now undo all 4 screws with the screen faced up.

Step 4: Try and tilt you flytouch 2 and see if the screen pops out, mine was a bit stiff so if you have a suction cup lieing about stick it to the glass and gently pull. Please be careful there is a ribbon cable connecting the screen
flytouch24.jpg

Step 5: Once its of lay it flat on the table and look for any lose connections ( if thats why you opened it) Or just do what you was gonna do with it)

Last edited:

androidz

Jan 25, 2011
Is there a special way to reattach the small 4 wire ribbon cable? I am trying and my screen doesn't respond to touch any more. Thanks!

RJM718

Jan 20, 2011
How to dissemble the flytouch 2

Now im going to show you how to take apart your flytouch 2. Now reasons for doing this are. Some flytouch 2 are shipped with faults like it dosent even switch on or the camera dosent work or gps dosent work and the most common reason these dont work is because its not plugged in inside, so its a simple fix.

Step 1: If you look on both of the long edges you will see to little screw covers that look like buttons. There are 4 in total.

73465281.jpg

Step 2: Get some sort of rubber or plastic flat edge, i used a flat head screwdriver with electrical tape round it. Do not just use a screwdriver the paint scratches easy, i found out the hard way and pop the covers off.

Step 3: Now undo all 4 screws with the screen faced up.

Step 4: Try and tilt you flytouch 2 and see if the screen pops out, mine was a bit stiff so if you have a suction cup lieing about stick it to the glass and gently pull. Please be careful there is a ribbon cable connecting the screen
flytouch24.jpg

Step 5: Once its of lay it flat on the table and look for any lose connections ( if thats why you opened it) Or just do what you was gonna do with it)

Hi, when you opened yours up, did you see where the ram could be? and if you did could you easily up it to 512 or is it soldered in place?:confused:

otraver

Feb 21, 2011
Hi,
Firstly, excuse me for my bad english.

I received my flytouchII the past week and I don't see the four screws at the corners.
It's normal?
The compilation is: deb-r2.1.1561

rasos

Jan 10, 2011
I can confirm that there are newer models (> Dec 2010) without screws. I did not manage to open it, even if I have a good set of tools. Cover seems to be one-way snap-in. :mad:

theitgod

Nov 10, 2010
So has anyone worked out how to open the new Flytouch without the 4 screws, I have one that needs a screen. Cheers Guys

zittergie

Oct 10, 2010
Do you know what GPS module is used. I ordered one with the GPS module (@ Pandawill), but the received item without the GPS receiver. The antenna was included.
They (pandawill) keep telling people it is the firmware and the software, but that is UNTRUE, because nothing is attached to the Antenna connector.

Maybe it will be possible to add the module. Maybe if someone has a brick flytouch.

Apr 6, 2011
YAY! Thanks! I thought that was how it was disassembled, but I wasn't sure after I took the screws out, because it was kind of stuck in there fairly tightly, but I used a couple small flatheads and worked the screen out. I had to open mine, because the P.O.S power adapter had a intermittent 'open' and it wouldn't charge correctly. I snapped it back into place, hit with some fresh solder and voila! It is much better! :)

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Thanks for this as I have now got to try to open mine up, as the power socket has sort of pushed into the tablet so that the charger plug does not locate now so it is not charging.

Both I and the wife have one of these tablets but to be honest wish I had never got them as the quality is rubbish, I know the saying you get what you pay for, but being in the manufacturing business there are limits.

Campaman

Jan 19, 2011
Well that was easy enough, popped it open and noticed that what had happend was that the power socket had come un-soldered from the board so was tipping as I put the charging plug in, soldered it back and all is well.

Other thing I noticed is that the wire from the gps socket goes round the edge to just a couple of metal plates, if thats supposed to be an internal antenna then its a strange looking thing, works OK with the external one so that will have to do.

cha_indian

Dec 9, 2010
probably like many of you people i bought this flytouch 2 without considering the extremely poor quality !!

The problem with my FT is that the charge LED indicator is blinking at rade of 2 times a second. It is not charging as earlier and probably the battery is dead. Does anyone have pics of inside of this unit ? I need to know the size and capacity to replace the battery.

PS. My FT does not any screws to open it ..

Richardo Crispus

Staff member
Dec 9, 2010
I've forgotten the size but they're 2* 3.6V 3200mAh (the mAh rating seems to depend on when you got it) and they're hooked together in SERIES (As it's a 7.4V system)

By the way, take care in prising the screen out (Ie when undoing the 4 tab things to take the screen out) as I cracked mine but applying too much pressure.

I hope this helps,
Richardo

uplade3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Apr 29, 2011
There are batteries for sale on ebay that you could use. You might even be able to buy two and wire them in parallel which would double your battery life!

Sent from my SuperPAD using Android Tablet Forum

mondoman22

Feb 27, 2011
Hey Guys,
Thanks for the instructions.. Came apart super easy gotta be careful with the ribbon cable going to the screen
and the plug for the lcd display but other then that super easy just put new battery in mine works excellent..
Everything perfect. I am going to now flash it with froyo II....

Thanks Again
Tony

Pascha

Sep 28, 2011
tHello
after opening the touchscreen don't work. The small cable in the lower right corner is plugged right.The tablet stopps at the calibration screen and I can do nothing to go forward. What can I try to make it working?
Regards Günter from Germany

Last edited: