Two things I'd like to do with my Kyros 7012

brody

Dec 17, 2011
I really like my 7012, but would like to do two things with it - disable the lock screen, and turn off the cell standby battery waster.

I've installed "NoLock", and activated it, but it has no effect - same with "MyLock". Any other way?

I want to delete the dialer app, but Titanium Backup won't work for me - says it needs root access. Is there any other way to remove the dialer?

Thanks in advance!

Brody

lfom

Developer
Sep 12, 2011
Both apps didn't work probably because they are not compatible with Android 2.3 that comes with 7012 or they require rooting.

In order to do both things you want you'll probably need rooting, there are already tutorials about how to enable root on 7012, search the forum and I am sure you'll find it.

I found this about how to disable the lock screen (I didn't tested):
http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...-unlock-screen-without-touch-any-way-all.html

dlraff

Nov 30, 2011
I installed NoLock on my 7012 and it works fine. I too would like to delete the phone.apk but that can only be done if the tablet is rooted and I really don't want to do that.

Raila

Dec 15, 2011
I got mine rooted today. futzed around with it for like three hours last night and finally gave up with a headache and totally frusted, and today realized I needed 2 programs to do the root in about 4 minutes. My USB wasn't seeing the unit right, so I couldn't root it. Today I got PDANet, installed it and it saw the unit right away, then ran Superoneclick. Boom. Rooted unit. Granted, I am running Win7 Ultimate, but I didn't have to alter any files or do anything extravagant I got stuck in a loop till I rebooted a few times after the root on the Kyros, and had to hit reset once and reroot, but all is working now and I got the stupid phone/dialer out using Titanium Backup!! Had to reboot after removing it, cause it kept telling me Force Close on the damn dialer, but NO MORE CEL STANDBY!! Woot :> That was honestly the ONLY reason I started looking at rooting. I was not going to do it till I found out you literally CANNOT get rid of the Cel Standby without rooting.

As far as the lock, do you mean the login screen thinggie with the slider? Can we not turn it back on when we selected it in the beginning?

that kinda sucks.. sheesh.

Now, to look at what else I can get. (sorry its alittle ran together, just kinda psyched that after all the grumping last night, I got it working)