UGGGHHHH!!! Alarms at Midnight :-(

komobu

Feb 15, 2012
I have these alarms that are going off at midnight and I cant figure out why. When I run my calendar app, I have a black bar with a message that says "This alarm is set for xx hours xx minutes from now" and if I add that time to the current time it is always midnight!

I never use all day events. I do use alarms, but my default is always 10 minutes before the event time. I set my calendar for items that are out of the ordinary, like a doctors appointment. So as a result, I usually have no more than two or three calendar items in any week. I cant figure out what is setting the alarm for midnight.

Right now I am looking at my monthly calendar display, and I see six items. I have even deleted the reminders for the event. When I exit and rerun the calendar, I still see the bar telling me it is going to go off at midnight.

The only way I have been able to avoid being woken up at midnight is to hold the power button down for an extended period to ensure that the device is off and not in stand by. Since this is a tablet and not a phone, I guess I can keep doing this but I would imagine there has to be a way to shut these alarms off.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kirk

Jul 11, 2011
Have you checked the "Clock" app yet? That app does have the ability to set an alarm independent of the calendar.