UK MediaPad User

in4mer

Jan 5, 2012
Thanks! Funny, it looks like as an op, you've broken some forum rules cause all I see are stars, but thanks for the info. I basically need a telephone head set. I still think I should be able to use to microphone and normal headset at the same time. Come on ICS!

in4mer

Jan 5, 2012
New ICS out with most of the bugs fixed from the previous leak. This version is 4.0.3. Google calendar works. The menu is a bit more smooth. Phone and messaging are pre-installed. Some of the incompatible apps are now working, such as whatsapp and jaxtrsms

Some bugs I've noticed:
-camera is a bit laggy and can take a while to load
-Face recognition doesn't appear to work
-google earth is still incompatible.
-email doesn't seem to work (gmail works though)

That's all I've noticed.

Last edited:

poulsej

Jun 5, 2011
Hi In4mer,

I've found another way to get google earth working.
It looks like it's a problem with google and not ICS or 3.2.

I've found a link to download the apk and install it and it works extremly quick.
Just a shame the Market doesn't think the mediapad is compatible.

I don't have the same bugs in the latest ICS 4.0.3 so maybe I'm using a different one.

PM me if you want the link I have.

in4mer

Jan 5, 2012
Hi In4mer,

I've found another way to get google earth working.
It looks like it's a problem with google and not ICS or 3.2.

I've found a link to download the apk and install it and it works extremly quick.
Just a shame the Market doesn't think the mediapad is compatible.

I don't have the same bugs in the latest ICS 4.0.3 so maybe I'm using a different one.

PM me if you want the link I have.

You can get face recognition to work?

I found out I couldn't download google earth because i was in a country not allowed to download it in

lusso

Nov 18, 2012
Hello'

I saw this quote early on this thread ... I have just rooted it so I can run some other apps. If anyone is interested I can post a guide ... and I have blogged on this topic on a recent CNET blog page.

You might find that here ... Orange Tahiti budget Android is a totally tropical tablet | CNET UK with my pseudonym 'millgate ' and today's date.

I believe Orange UK is making a big mistake releasing their so called TAHITI (which is a HUAWEI Mediapad in all but name) at a silly price - AND WITHOUT PHONE CAPABILITIES !!

Could this device be 'upgraded ' with a SIM card capability (if indeed it's missing in the Tahiti) or might it operate with a PAYG card and some software (if it is there)?

I'm not a complete 'techie' but I am a tech-oriented marketer - and ORANGE seems, to me, to be making a really silly decision here.

Or, have I got it all wrong ?
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I've got one of these Huawei Mediapad (Orange Tahiti) UK. It may well have phone capabilities BUT I'm yet to find it.

Seems to do the routine of recognizing an Orange PAYG simcard that was originally activated to a normal 3G phone.

Huawei on acceptance of the Orange PAYG Simcard, Media Pad will automatically rebooting itself etc. A list of available networks comes up and I
choose Orange 3G. > registering with Orange .......> unable to connect to this network.

Further, I've entered Pin Code to the Media Pad in order to have permission to establish a VPN. Enter orangeinternet Then asks for Server address I type in what may be correct. But still no 3G phone or Internet recognition.

Any help greatly appreciated.
Thanx, yera pal.

lusso

Nov 18, 2012
I've got one of these S7-301U. Orange Tahiti ICS 4.01 Unfortunately I cannot use the 3G phone.
Wont register to anyone including Orange. Cant even reach my imei number by virtue of #06#.
Should I load Rooted ICS 4.03 in an attempt to resolve. Any help considered.
Ciao ringrazie salute
Yera pal

John Gao

Aug 22, 2014
I've attached the phone application. Just unzip it and copy to the mediapad.
You might need to upgrade to the latest firmware (***B012) but give it a go first.

If the attachement gets removed just search on google for "huaweimediapadphone.apk"

I'll post the rooting guide soon.

Cheers
I've attached the phone application. Just unzip it and copy to the mediapad.
You might need to upgrade to the latest firmware (***B012) but give it a go first.

If the attachement gets removed just search on google for "huaweimediapadphone.apk"

I'll post the rooting guide soon.

Cheers

Thanks I suffered alot without calls on my
Huawei MediaPad 10 Link.
It worked well..