UK Radio, I Player Inoperative Post Software Update

manzolea

Aug 25, 2014
I have just updated my Tab 2 -7" and now find that the UK Radio player loads but does not work and if you try to use the BBC I player, it starts/plays for a few seconds and then stops and cannot be restarted. Previously both worked perfectly and all other sound related functions, e.g. keyboard sounds work perfectly. Anyone got any ideas as to how to resolve this, please?

Spider

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 24, 2011
Hi manzolea, congratulations on your Tab 2 -7" and welcome to the forum. Nice to have you as a member of Android Tablets. I'm moving your thread to the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 forum for you, where more people familiar with that tablet are likely to join the discussion and try to help you. Good luck!

manzolea

Aug 25, 2014
I have just updated my Tab 2 -7" and now find that the UK Radio player loads but does not work and if you try to use the BBC I player, it starts/plays for a few seconds and then stops and cannot be restarted. Previously both worked perfectly and all other sound related functions, e.g. keyboard sounds work perfectly. Anyone got any ideas as to how to resolve this, please?
Whilst these players are no longer available directly from the sites, e.g. the BBC and specific radio station sites (e.g. Radio Caroline), I have downloaded the apps separately from the Play Store to get round the problem, I hope this helps others who encounter similar problems.
Thanks a lot Samsung for creating the problem in the first place!!!