Uninstaller for Android Tablet

bluenite

Jun 12, 2014
Uninstall programs on a tablet with Android 4.3 (Asus MemoPad FHD10 ME302C) is pretty confusing for pc user. After trying more gps navigation with offline maps with sizes of hundreds of mb these remain still in the store. If access for manual removal was clear, so I don't ask here. However, they are often extra data for applications tucked under ten levels=hard-to-find. And I don't know if I remove everything. Some cleaner would not help trace the connection of these data with programs? Nice CleanMaster it cannot too.
thanks for the tip
Peter

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I'm not 100% positive I know what your current issue is. Is it the data that would seem to be left from the GPS app after uninstalling?

bluenite

Jun 12, 2014
excuse my English is not the native language.
yes the data erase from storage on sdcard.
If access for manual removal would be clear, so don't ask questions like this. I will try TotalCommander or something like this.
Or delete that maps from gps app, and then uninstall.
thx

leeshor

Dec 27, 2011
I don't know if the downloaded maps will delete with the app or not. Total Commander would be a good start. You may also want to look at Astro File Manager

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
In general, data stored on the MicroSD card is not deleted when the app is uninstalled. This is intentional. As leeshor already pointed out, a file manager app of some kind is necessary to delete this data.

bluenite

Jun 12, 2014
leeshor:
I tried both of them. I have yet to understand the philosophy of data storage in android.
It is a bit of confusion for me.

Traveller

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2012
@bluenite: To try and clear things up, I figured a brief explanation of things is in order. So...in Android, you have multiple partitions. In Windows speak, these would be called "drives".

One partition is the system partition. This is where all the critical Android system files are stored. The Windows equivalent would be C:\. In addition, any app you install will have a copy of itself placed in the /data directory within the system partition, along with certain configuration data (Windows equivalent: C:\Program Files and/or C:\Program Files (x86)). For example, Foresight's Pinball Arcade will have the app itself, a database file with a record of the tables purchased, and a data file with a record of all your achievements.

While the name may vary somewhat, the partition commonly known as the sdcard partition is where all the auxiliary files are stored. For example, the pinball tables in Pinball Arcade are stored here. Downloaded maps for a GPS app like NavFree USA will be stored here, and so on. The closest analogue in Windows would be the C:\Users\Username\AppData directory.

The extsd partition is the physical MicroSD card, if one is installed. On this partition is stored your movies, your books, and your music. There should be no need to point out a Windows analogue as it's really self-explanatory.

When an app is uninstalled, Android will uninstall all the information regarding the app found in the data directory (Program Files) of the system partition (C:\). It does not touch the sdcard partition (C:\Users\Username\AppData) at all. As I said earlier, this is intentional. Using a different example, NavFree USA on occasion gives me fits when trying to upgrade it. The only option I have is to uninstall it and then reinstall it. Since the data on the sdcard partition isn't touched, when I go to install the updated NavFree I don't have to download every one of the maps again.

Last edited: