Upcoming Generic S5PV210 Tablets

xaueious

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 9, 2010
Source is Shanzhaiben, Article November 24

Two generic tablets, both shipping with identical internals, appearing to be 4:3 and probably has a 800x600 resolution:
K0tfH.jpg

kcUkz.jpg

512MB RAM, 1.2GHz CPU operating frequency, up to 5 hour battery life, 1080p playback, Android 2.2 with Adobe Flash

Current issue is the lack of proper sound playback in Adobe Flash.

There will also be a Samsung Galaxy Tab clone. One has to wonder if Samsung is actually going to keep supplying chips to that company if that sort of thing actually happens.

Dany0

Nov 29, 2010
The first and second are the same. Just older revision. The version that's going out for sales has coloured back, better construction, better display and everything. More like Amazon Kindle looks. Also there is another version with smaller NAND and just 256mb ram coming out, looks as the second one but worser material and free case. 160USD.

vito

Dec 1, 2010
Hi. About the version that's going out for sales with colored back:
What do you mean about "better display"? Where did you found that information?
There is a website where to buy it?
Thank you

orgulio

Dec 13, 2010
Ijust pick up the second version with the black back. I like it over the freestyle i had. Does have the 1.2 processor. Battery is giving 6+ hours using wifi.

orgulio

Dec 13, 2010
I am still learning a lot on it. Looking for direction on how to boot to menu. I used z4root to root the device.

jlg234

Feb 22, 2011
I just purchased a eBuss 2.3 android tablet which is one of these generic 8" tablets using the S5PV210, 512 DDr, 4 gig TF and Android 2.3. The seller is based in Montreal Canada (ebuzztechnologies.com) and offers a 1 year warranty.

I went looking for it on the Internet and the closest Tablet I could find was the Herotab MID816 but mine does NOT have the physical volume toggle. Then I came across this link and it appears to be right-on with regards to the physical layout. I do not believe mine is a capcitive screen. The seller stated it wasn't.

Here is the link that I found.
Aishuo S1 has manufactured in large quantities (PV210 CPU with 8

I looked around for a cover - which again I found very lacking for an 8" 4:3 format tablet so I settled on the case/keyboard combo again from this seller. The case works great and does hold the tablet securely with it's adjustable "L" tabs.

The tablet comes with And 2.3, Flash 10.1 support as well as Android Market.

I would like some more info on Rooting it and how to hook it up to my PC (XP-Sp3) via USB so that I can access both internal and external Flash storage.

Right now I can hook it up but all I see via the PC is an external Drive with no media. The 8 gig flash card is recognized and accessable via an external reader.

I will take some pictures of the about screen and post them here shortly.

PS I paid $249 Cnd plus $25 for the case.

John

Last edited:

ftanl

Dec 8, 2010
I just purchased a eBuss 2.3 android tablet which is one of these generic 8" tablets using the S5PV210, 512 DDr, 4 gig TF and Android 2.3. The seller is based in Montreal Canada (ebuzztechnologies.com) and offers a 1 year warranty.

I went looking for it on the Internet and the closest Tablet I could find was the Herotab MID816 but mine does NOT have the physical volume toggle. Then I came across this link and it appears to be right-on with regards to the physical layout. I do not believe mine is a capcitive screen. The seller stated it wasn't.

Here is the link that I found.
Aishuo S1 has manufactured in large quantities (PV210 CPU with 8

I looked around for a cover - which again I found very lacking for an 8" 4:3 format tablet so I settled on the case/keyboard combo again from this seller. The case works great and does hold the tablet securely with it's adjustable "L" tabs.

The tablet comes with And 2.3, Flash 10.1 support as well as Android Market.

I would like some more info on Rooting it and how to hook it up to my PC (XP-Sp3) via USB so that I can access both internal and external Flash storage.

Right now I can hook it up but all I see via the PC is an external Drive with no media. The 8 gig flash card is recognized and accessable via an external reader.

I will take some pictures of the about screen and post them here shortly.

PS I paid $249 Cnd plus $25 for the case.

John

It's the exact same tablet I had arrive today from DhGate. Overall the build quality is a little better then most of the 10.2" tablets I've used..Having that said, it's still a piece of crap..lol The display isn't quite good enough for streaming video, barely good enough for watching content from a USB...that's if you can find a compatible A/V format that it actually plays.. It states AVI is supported in the listing details, but the video players pre-installed can't play squat.. There was a racing game pre-installed, that seems pretty responsive & cool..YouTube works fine, Facebook etc..online radio app is a bonus & works perfectly.
The biggest disappointment with all these no-name tablets, is the online video features..NO NETFLIX, & LETMEWATCHTHIS barely works after you download dolphin browser HD & set the display to DESKTOP.. It's works, but the stream is too blotchy..Never tried the HDMI out yet, if it's anything like the ZT-180 ot Flytouch 3's, it's crap also..lol
If you find any good apps or maybe a different firmware for this tablet let me know, I'd love to try something new & see what difference if any it will make. ttyl Ftanl

chryst76

Feb 24, 2012
Is some know how to install Msn or any application who`s not listed one Market ? I tried to download directly from the web and each time I had the message `application incompatible with your Vodafone S5PV210, it`s a tablet, not a phone. Do I have to download a new version (currently 2.3.1), a new ROM, etc. If yes, how can I do.
Thanks
Chris