UPDATE QUESTION does being in a B&N store increase your change of getting the update

FPGFHFMA

Dec 13, 2011
I bought my Nook Tablet about a month ago its still running 1.4, I did not root it but I did follow Liliputing steps on this forum to be able to side load and get amazon apps. I have no desire to root. My Table is connected to WIFI everyday though my home and I have actually been connect to wifi at work and my son's home. I have yet to get the update though I understand it should be automatic and I won't know. I was going to go to a B&N store this weekend to check out the free hour our reading access but I hesitated because I fear once in the store the tablet will update.

I wish there was a way to block the automatic update without having to ROOT the tablet.

J515OP

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jan 6, 2011
I bought my Nook Tablet about a month ago its still running 1.4, I did not root it but I did follow Liliputing steps on this forum to be able to side load and get amazon apps. I have no desire to root. My Table is connected to WIFI everyday though my home and I have actually been connect to wifi at work and my son's home. I have yet to get the update though I understand it should be automatic and I won't know. I was going to go to a B&N store this weekend to check out the free hour our reading access but I hesitated because I fear once in the store the tablet will update.

I wish there was a way to block the automatic update without having to ROOT the tablet.

Yes, it seems that going into a B&N store does increase the chance of getting the update. Th good news is that even if you do get the update there is a way to roll the version back so you can root again. This is less than ideal and a way to block would be better but at least you know you can reroot if necessary.